This product has been discontinued, view the Vista range of IP cameras.
Overview of the Vista VK2 1080MD37PTW
Unique in the CCTV market, the Vista VK2 1080MD37PTW IP camera combines Wi-Fi operation with pan and tilt functionality in a tamper resistant, dome-shaped casing that is IP65 rated and suitable for use outdoors. In addition to wireless capability, this camera also has support for PoE, offering plenty of flexibility when it comes to installation. HD 1080p smooth video is provided in light conditions down to 0.2 lux and the footage can be complemented with sound recording via the camera's built-in microphone. Other useful features include integrated video motion detection, triple codec support, Event Boost technology, MicroSD card recording and the user-friendly VK2-CLIENT 32-channel recording software.
The low-profile VK2-1080MD37PTW dome camera is part of the Vista W-series of wireless-capable network cameras delivering full HD 1080p video at up to 30 images per second, with an 89° horizontal viewing angle and remote pan and tilt for effective wide area coverage. Software-based day/night functionality enables the camera to capture full colour images down to 0.2 lux for good quality surveillance, also in low-light environments. With support for WiFi or cabled connectivity, the VK2-1080MD37PTW provides installation flexibility depending on application or preference, with wireless connectivity removing the need for cabling between the camera and the network. IP65 and IK09 rated, the Vista VK2-1080MD37PTW is ideal for use in outdoor applications that are subject to bad weather and possible vandalism such as petrol stations and retail stores.
A built-in microphone and audio output port provide the camera with two-way audio capability, enabling audio recording and verbal interaction through the camera when a speaker is connected (not included). Vista’s Triple Streaming technology enables one stream to be recorded in high resolution, with low resolution streams configured specifically for local and/or remote viewing to decrease bandwidth and storage use. Event Boost technology in combination with built-in video motion detection (VMD) furthers bandwidth and storage efficiencies by continuously recording at a low frame rate then changing to a higher frame rate when activity is detected. Video data can be compressed with either H.264, MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG depending on preference.
The VK2-1080MD37PTW dome camera also offers edge recording onto a MicroSD card (not included), providing a storage facility independent of the network. Additional support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) enables installation with just a single cable and provides an alternative power option for when traditional power is not available.
The free VK2-CLIENT recording software provides an easy method of managing the system, including search, playback and export options. Remote access is also possible via mobile apps with support for iOS and Android.
Please note: if you require a midspan, please select from the above dropdown menu as the camera does not with one included.
Key features & benefits
- Wireless capability provides connection to the network via WiFi, with additional support for cabled connectivity if preferred
- Sony 2 megapixel CMOS sensor captures full HD 1080p video footage at 30 fps for smooth video capture
- 89° horizontal viewing angle provides wide area coverage with mechanical pan and tilt, allowing full camera control
- Software-based day/night function enables low-light image capture in full colour down to 0.2 lux
- Built-in microphone for recording audio to assist with event analysis; camera also supports audio output for a speaker to be connected (not included)
- Mini-dome form factor is unobtrusive and ideal for discreet monitoring
- IK65 and IK09 rated for use in harsh environments
- Built-in motion detection and Vista Event Boost ensures events are captured at a high frame rate whilst also saving bandwidth and storage space by continuously recording at a low frame rate
- Triple Streaming technology saves bandwidth and storage space by, for example, recording one stream in high quality whilst local and remote viewing streams are delivered in a lower resolution
- Free VK2-CLIENT recording software provides management of up to 32 cameras
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android enable handy remote access to live view and recordings and pan/tilt capability whilst on the move
- MicroSD card recording provides fail-safe data storage and removes the need for a more costly centralised device
Compatible recording platforms:
- Network Video Recorders:
The combination of WiFi, pan & tilt and outdoor-readiness make the Vista VK2-1080MD37PTW IP camera unique and suitable for outdoor installation that requires wireless connectivity. The full HD 1080p capability and low light mode function make this camera suitable for use in and around homes, small shops, cafes, restaurants, B&Bs and hotels.
- VK2-CLIENT 32-channel recording software
- Installation CD
- Installation guide
- Accessory kit
- Template sheet
Optional (please select from the above dropdown menu):
This video demonstrates Vista Event Boost technology: