Overview of the Axis P7210 (0416-003)
this product has now been discontinued and replaced by the Axis P7216.
With 16 video inputs, the Axis P7210 is designed to encode video feeds from up to 16 different analogue CCTV cameras simultaneously for transmission across data networks, upgrading existing security systems and protecting investment. Video is captured in D1 resolution at 25fps, so there is no loss in framerate, while H.264 video compression reduces the impact of video on data networks by compressing footage by up to 80%.
Video can be recorded directly onto the device using MicroSDHC memory cards, improving system reliability while lowering system costs. The integrated tamper detection software also alerts users to unexpected downtime caused by cameras being covered, spray painted or moved.
The device integrates seamlessly with pan-tilt-zoom camera equipment, allowing remote users to control camera equipment remotely or even set up guard tours and presets. Users can also communicate interactively with people in view or warn off any unexpected intruders using the 2-way audio functionality.
This encoder is also compatible with the free Axis Camera Companion software, allowing you to record, view, playback and export HDTV-quality video onto the built-in SD cards, helping to save on storage. Mobile phone viewing is available using downloadable apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Key features & benefits of the Axis P7210 (0416-003)
- Add the benefits of IP connectivity to conventional analogue CCTV systems
- Encode up to 16 video feeds simultaneously
- Minimize bandwidth requirements by storing video onto the device itself using MicroSDHC memory cards
- Tamper detection can alert users to downtime caused by the camera being moved, covered or spraypainted
- H.264 compression reduces the size of footage by up to 80% without a significant drop in image quality
- Communicate interactively with people in view using 2-way audio
- Integrate with pan-tilt-zoom cameras for full remote control
- Use Power over Ethernet support to reduce wiring by powering the device through the Ethernet cable
Typical applications of the Axis P7210 (0416-003)
The Axis P7210 would be ideal for use in many locations where existing analogue CCTV cameras require the benefits offered by IP networks, or where significant investment has been made into analogue video equipment, such as historic or listed buildings, factory floors, department stores and shopping centres.
Accessories for the Axis P7210 (0416-003)
- Power supply
- Mounting and connector kits
- Installation guide
- CD with installation and management tools, software and user manual
- Windows decoder user licenses