Overview of the Axis M7104
Ideal for smaller CCTV systems, this unit enables up to four analogue cameras to be encoded. Additional features include Axis Zipstream, support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and helpful security features to offer enhanced cyber protection.
It offers intelligent video capabilities such as active tampering alarm and video motion detection - helping to enhance scene awareness. PTZ support is also available, thanks to the integrated RS485 port, allowing analogue cameras that feature pan-tilt-zoom functionality to be controlled efficiently via the web interface.
With support for both H.265 and Motion JPEG, the encoder is capable of delivering smooth video streams at full frame rate in resolutions up to 720 x 480. Additionally, PoE supplies both power and network connection over a single cable - simplifying installation.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- 4-channel support provides encoding for up to 4 cameras - ideal for smaller CCTV systems
- Highly compact form factor enables unobtrusive installation of the unit
- Provides a cost-effective solution to upgrade security systems to IP as it uses existing infrastructure
- Video motion detection and Axis Active tampering alarm deliver accurate security monitoring, alerting users to activity and vandalism attempts
- RS485 port enables integration with PTZ mechanisms - allowing remote camera control
- Pre-loaded with signed firmware and secure boot to help increase the cyber defence
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real time
- Axis Companion mobile app enables handy remote access to video footage
- Integrated microSD card slot provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis M7104 network video encoder is ideal for smaller organisations that wish to have the additional advanced security features of an IP based system - without replacing analogue cameras. Typical applications include homes, offices, retail stores and restaurants.
Back To Top
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder user license
- DC input plug
- 2 pcs 2-pin RS485/RS422 plugs