Overview of the Axis P7304
Call for availability prior to ordering
This compact Axis network video encoder enables cost-effective and simple migration from analogue CCTV to IP by retaining the system's existing infrastructure. It enables up to four analogue cameras to be encoded - making it an ideal solution for smaller CCTV systems. Additional features include Axis Zipstream, support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and a range of helpful security features to assist in the prevention of unauthorised access.
Capable of supporting both HD analogue and standard resolution analogue cameras, this fully-featured encoder also features an integrated RS485 port - allowing analogue cameras that feature pan-tilt-zoom functionality to be controlled efficiently via the web interface. Additionally, it offers intelligent video capabilities such as active tampering alarm and video motion detection - helping to enhance scene awareness.
A range of handy features are included to assist in the prevention of unauthorised access. Signed firmware and secure boot also help to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the camera's firmware. Installation is simplified with support for PoE, which supplies both power and network connection over a single cable.
Please note: this unit does not come with a power supply. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- 4 channel encoder enables the migration of up to 4 analogue cameras into an IP video system
- Compact form factor enables unobtrusive installation of the unit
- Provides a cost-effective solution to upgrade analogue security systems to IP by using existing infrastructure
- Pre-loaded with signed firmware and secure boot to help increase the cyber defence
- Video motion detection and Axis Active tampering alarm delivers accurate security monitoring, alerting users to activity and vandalism attempts
- RS485 port enables integration with PTZ mechanisms - allowing remote camera control
- Two-way audio allows for interactive communication between viewers and the camera location (camera model dependent)
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Axis Companion mobile app enables handy remote access to video footage
- Integrated microSD card slot provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis P7304 network video encoder is ideal for smaller organisations that wish to convert existing analogue surveillance equipment to utilise the benefits of an IP base system - without replacing existing infrastructure. Typical applications include small offices, community centres and supermarkets.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder user license
- DC input plug
- 6-pin I/O plug
- 2 pcs 2-pin RS485/RS422 plugs
Back To Top