This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Vivotek VS8401
Designed to convert analogue CCTV footage to IP video, the Vivotek VS8401 network video encoder is an ideal addition to existing analogue CCTV systems. Able to convert up to 4 analogue video feeds for transmission over IP video, the device can support a number of compression formats, offering flexibility of recording and bandwidth.
The VS8401 also allows control of pan-tilt-zoom cameras, allowing them to be remotely controlled over the network or internet. Two-way audio support allows speakers and microphones to be connected, helping to expand security systems and offer a means of communication between control rooms and those in the cameras field of view.
An on-board SD card slot allows for localised recording and is a useful backup option in case of network failure, while the device also includes tamper and motion detection to add event detection functionality to analogue security cameras. Multiple units can be be mounted together in order to be installed easily into rack cabinets.
Key features & benefits of the Vivotek VS8401
- Convert analogue surveillance footage into IP video
- Motion detection and tamper detection features help add triggering capabilities to analogue cameras
- Captures footage at up to 30 fps at D1 resolution
- Control pan-tilt-zoom cameras through use of the RS-485 interface
- Two-way audio support, allowing microphones and speakers to be connected
- On-board SD/SDHC card slot provides a backup recording option in the event of network failure (card not included)
- Multiple units can be connected and easily installed into rack cabinets
Typical applications for the Vivotek VS8401
The Vivotek VS8401 is useful for converting existing analogue CCTV systems into IP video, ideal for locations which may have older CCTV systems like service stations, historic buildings or shopping centres.
Accessories for the Vivotek VS8401
- I/O connector
- Power adapter
- Quick installation guide
- Software CD
- Warranty card