This product is discontinued, for an alternative model please see the Network Video Encoder category
Overview of the Sony SNT-EX154
Advanced and flexible SNT-EX154 blade-style network video encoder from Sony with 4 ports for integrating analogue CCTV cameras into an IP video installation. Capable of intelligent video analytics, advanced audio detection and improved video quality using Sony’s image enhancing technologies.
Part of Sony’s SNT series of network video encoders, the SNT-EX154 delivers advanced whilst flexible encoding for up to 4 analogue CCTV cameras, enabling the signal to be transmitted over an IP network. The compact blade-style design enables the device to be rack mounted, ideal for medium to large installations that may require further expansion in the future.
The SNT-EX154 encoder delivers high quality, enhanced video footage by utilising Sony’s image improving technologies. Noise and blur captured in low light video is reduced by Excellent Dynamic Noise Reduction (XDNR), and when used with Visibility Enhancer (VE), the camera is able to achieve four times sensitivity. Additionally, VE adjusts extreme white and dark areas to produce clearer images in high contrast environments. Video can be compressed using H.264, MPEG-4 or JPEG formats, providing system flexibility.
DEPA intelligent video analytics is incorporated into the Sony SNT-EX154, assisting CCTV operators in taking action quickly against alarms. Using Intelligent Motion Detection and Intelligent Object Detection functions, users can define parameters to best suit the applications. Equipped with a tamper alarm and advanced audio detection, the SNT-EX154 alerts users to tampering attempts such as spray painting of the camera lens, whilst also triggering an alarm if noise exceeds a pre-configured threshold. Users can store up to 3 pre-recorded voice messages than can be played over a loud speaker if an alarm is triggered.
The Sony SNT-EX154 encoder is designed for mounting in the 16 channel Sony SNT-RS1U or the 48 channel SNT-RS3U rack station.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of converting up to 4 analogue CCTV cameras to IP video
- Scalable to accommodate for expanding systems
- Reduced noise in low light environments with XDNR technology
- Visibility Enhancer (VE) improves camera performance in high contrast scenes, suppressing very bright and dark areas to enhance clarity
- Clear Dynamic Frame Integration (DFI) creates smooth video footage in scenes with both stationary and moving objects in
- Intelligent video analytics assist operators with surveillance
- If the camera is subject to tampering attempts such a spray painting, the integrated tamper alarm will alert the user
- Advanced audio detection triggers an alarm when noise becomes louder than a threshold that is created using ambient sound and frequencies
- Voice alerts can be recorded to play to intruders if an alarm is triggered
- Flexible streaming support
- External storage is possible using USB flash memory
- Can be used with products from other manufacturers that support ONVIF
- Flexible compression with support for H.264, MPEG-4 and JPEG
- Support for 3rd party telemetry cameras
The Sony SNT-EX154 blade-style network video encoder is suitable for use in medium to large applications, when analogue CCTV cameras are required to be integrated into an IP video system. This encoder is ideal for systems that are likely to expand, or already have existing rack station infrastructure. Typical examples include shopping centres, schools, universities and factories.
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty
- I/O port connector
- Attachment screws x 2