Overview of the Mobotix M73 Thermal
The Mobotix M73 Thermal offers an advanced surveillance solution with the choice of a standard thermal (T) or a thermal radiometry (R) lens to detect elevated temperatures within a scene - providing a proactive warning of extreme temperature changes. This makes the unit ideal to protect business assets by offering reliable long-range detection, as well as the ability to help avoid dangerous situations such as overheating of machinery. The flexible unit also offers an additional choice of functional modules and optical lenses, to cater to specific user monitoring requirements.
This high-performance camera makes use of a powerful Quad-Core-ARM Cortex-A53 processor to enable the delivery of high resolution optical and thermal imaging. It is also one of the first to feature the Mobotix 7 platform, which offers increased levels of performance and the ability to utilise a wide range of on-board certified deep learning applications. For example, AI-FaceDetect Deep offers people counting based on face detection, whilst AI-Loitering identifies people who spend a long time in a designated area. In addition, AI-People provides intuitive line crossing detection and keeps track of people passing an area in a particular direction.
The M73 Thermal offers a range of standard thermal and thermal radiometry lenses, with viewing angles of 90° down to 30° (VGA resolution), or 45° through to 17° (CIF resolution). Day, night or day/night optical lenses are available in 4K resolution for users requiring high levels of detail, or a 4MP day/night sensor can be chosen which delivers ultra-low light imaging.
When the camera is equipped with an optical and thermal lens, users can automatically switch between the two views when an object of interest is detected. Additionally, the camera’s thermal image overlay function provides thermal radiation information laid on top of optical recordings to give a more comprehensive overview of temperature changes.
Functional modules can be used to enhance the camera’s performance, including an audio module with a built-in microphone and speaker for two-way communication. IR modules are available that provide 40m (for 050 super wide lens), 70m (for 080 wide and 100 standard lenses) or 100m (150 tele and 280 super-tele lenses) of illumination to help enhance night-vision. Finally, a multi-sensor module offers the ability to detect changes in brightness, temperature, noise levels and movement; this can then trigger actions such as on-board recording or sending an alert to users via email notification.
When ordering, please select the lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Note: Alongside a thermal radiometry (R) or standard thermal lens (T), up to two functional modules or one optical lens and one functional module can be fitted into the M73 Thermal main body.
Key features & benefits
- Thermal IP camera with the option of standard and thermal radiometry sensors to provide detailed temperature detection
- Multi-module design supports the connection of thermal, optical lenses and functional modules
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging in CIF or VGA resolutions
- Day, night or day/night optical lenses deliver up to 4K resolution at a maximum of 30 fps
- Innovative Mobotix 7 software platform allows a range of certified and custom applications to be integrated onto the camera
- Supports use of an IR cut-filter module for true day/night recording
- Wide dynamic range improves the capture of detail in high contrast conditions
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card for a standalone system or a reliable back up
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG, and H.264 and H.265 formats
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows simultaneous streaming of multiple areas within the field of view
- Durable IP66 and IK07-rated casing provides protection in exposed outdoor locations
- PoE+ allows network and power to be delivered over one cable
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Mobotix’s state-of-the-art decentralised system design allows every camera to store and process video using on-board software and MicroSD card storage. There is no need to purchase additional equipment or recording software, providing an economical and flexible CCTV network.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(8GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the accessories tab)
Built-in image processing functions such as wide dynamic range ensure footage is captured with optimal detail, even in high contrast conditions.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor intuitively detects and identifies movements of people and objects within the camera’s field of view. By distinguishing between accidental and genuine movements of interest it reduces the risk of false alarms.
Mobotix MxAnalytics collects statistical behaviour data using heatmapping and counting capabilities to gain insight into traffic and behavioural trends in a specific area within the camera’s view.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is a free video management software that is available for all Mobotix cameras. Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
There are no moving parts such as heaters or fans in Mobotix network cameras, reducing the need for expensive maintenance. The camera’s reinforced fibreglass and aluminium housing controls its temperature, whilst also providing IK07 and IP66-rated vandal and weather resistance. This camera is able to function in demanding conditions without additional protection, allowing them to run economically.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix M73 Thermal is a high-performance multi-module camera that offers thermal imaging for long range detection or measurement of elevated temperatures. Users are able to further customise their surveillance solution with additional optical lenses or functional modules. Typical applications include industrial locations such as outside power stations, warehouses and factories.
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
- 8 GB MicroSD card
- Housing (aluminium, PBT-30GF)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenches (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50cm patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card