Overview of the Axis Q1942-E
This outdoor-ready thermal IP camera is part of the Axis Q19 series and delivers thermal imaging in 640 x 480 resolution that can be scaled up to 800 x 600 (SVGA). It offers reliable security surveillance in areas that are often in complete darkness or subject to smoke, haze or fog. A choice of lens sizes is available and the unit can be installed easily using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The unit’s IP67-rated aluminium housing features an integrated window heater which allows it to be safely deployed in outdoor locations and operate continuously in temperatures as low as -40°C. A choice of lenses allows users to select the most suitable viewing angle (from 10° to 63°) for their monitoring requirements.
The camera produces high-quality images by utilising a variety of advanced features for image optimisation. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is included to ensure video is smooth and steady despite camera vibrations. In addition, Corridor Format helps to maximise the area of interest in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream.
A microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the integrated audio I/O ports to enable two-way communication and also allow audio to be used as a detection method. Both audio and video motion detection alarms can be configured to help alert users of activity - delivering reliable and accurate IP CCTV monitoring. Thermal cameras are less sensitive to issues with light conditions and shadows, achieving high accuracy with fewer false alarms when compared to non-thermal network cameras.
Axis Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real-time, recording important details in high quality, whilst filtering out other areas to help reduce bandwidth and storage use. Data can be stored directly to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) for a handy backup of data if network connection is suddenly lost, and PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Thermal IP cameras provide reliable security monitoring with lower instances of false alarms
- Offers thermal imaging in 640 x 480 resolution that can be scaled up to 800 x 600 (SVGA)
- IP67-rated housing enables the camera to function in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Integrated window heater for clear images in harsh weather conditions
- 10mm, 19mm, 35mm, and 60mm lens options allow detection performance to be optimised
- Electronic Image Stabilisation reduces the effects of camera movement for sharper image capture
- Axis Corridor Format maximises the coverage of important areas in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded
- Video motion and audio detection methods can alert users of activity in the scene for reliable security monitoring
- Axis Zipstream technology helps lower bandwidth and storage requirements by analysing and optimising the video stream
- PoE support helps to reduce cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
- Edge recording onto MicroSD card (not included) provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
Compatible recording platforms:
The Axis Q1942-E delivers reliable thermal imaging in locations that require constant surveillance and accurate detection in any condition. Typical applications include prisons, industrial sites and production lines.
- Choice of lens
- Wall and ceiling mount bracket
- Installation guide
- Axis Motion Detection 3
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Torx T20 screwdriver
- Terminal block connector
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top