Overview of Axis Loitering Guard
The Axis Loitering Guard is a flexible video analytics application, designed to allow a more proactive approach to video surveillance - suitable for both indoor and outdoor installations. This free application can be downloaded and used by any Axis network video product with firmware 7.x and higher.
By tracking moving objects, such as people and vehicles, an alarm will be automatically triggered if they remain in the predefined area for too long. The application supports multiple profiles each with one 'include' area and three 'exclude' areas, alongside a choice between two loitering conditions. Users can configure different responses to various trigger settings or apply specific trigger settings for different times of the day.
Supported in live or playback mode, alarm overlays are seen as red bounding boxes around the alarm-triggering object - ideal when investigating footage for identification. Users can also be alerted of activity in real-time, before events potentially escalate, via email notification - offering a valuable crime prevention measure for any organisation.
Thanks to analysing movements and ignoring ordinary background motion, Axis False Alarm Filtering technology suppresses common sources of alarm triggers such as swaying trees. This allows users to focus on activity triggered within the scene that is deemed an actual threat. Using perspective configuration, users can associate an object's image size at different distances from the camera - helping to reduce the occurrence of false alarms.
The application can be installed onto cameras as and when required, at any point in time - providing a truly scalable solution. In addition, the intuitive system design tool helps facilitate system setup, to reduce installation and configuration time.
Please note: one licence per camera is required. This product is available as a single licence or pack of 10-licences, please select the required pack-size from the dropdown menu.
Key features and benefits:
- A flexible detection application that is suitable for both internal and external surveillance applications
- Compatible with a wide range of Axis IP devices with firmware 7.10 or higher
- Real-time visual confirmation to ensure objects are detected correctly
- Multiple profiles and conditions allow the user to configure the application to their specific requirements
- Axis False Alarm Filtering helps prevent detection of ordinary background motion
- Perspective configuration can be configured to support long-range sections in scenes
The Axis Loitering Guard application is suitable for locations where any loitering within a predefined area may pose a threat or security issue. Typical applications include building entrances and exits, office corridors and vehicle depots.
Key technical features:
- One 'include' area and three 'exclude' areas per profile (10 point polygons)
- Up to ten profiles for all cameras, except multichannel products which have up to three concurrent profiles
- Visual confirmation needed to verify application set-up
- Axis False Alarm Filtering for swaying objects
- Web configuration included
- Open VAPIX for software integration
- Please note: Harsh weather conditions such as heavy rain or snow may affect detection
Firmware version 7.10 or later is required. For a full list of compatible products please refer to the product datasheet.
Back To Top