Overview of the Axis Radar Autotracking for PTZ application
- Automatically control the direction and zoom level of PTZ cameras based on motion data from an Axis radar device
- Enables control of multiple PTZ cameras simultaneously
- Compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ IP cameras
- Free app for use with VMS
Axis Radar Autotracking for PTZ is a free application that is designed for use with VMS and enables users to automatically control the direction and zoom level of one or more Axis PTZ cameras - based on motion data collected by the Axis D2110-VE network radar device. The app provides automatic, visual confirmation of detected objects – helping to minimise the need for manual PTZ control of the cameras.
Compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ IP cameras this free app is designed to be used with Video Management Software (VMS) to group Axis PTZ cameras with an Axis radar device, then automatically direct the cameras to where movement has been detected by the radar. By enabling cameras to follow detected objects automatically, the app minimises the need for manual PTZ control while also providing visual confirmation of objects - even if they are out of the camera’s current field of view.
The application uses motion data from the associated radar device to find objects of interest. Since the radar detector measures the absolute distance and velocity of moving objects, the app can calculate the optimal pan, tilt, and zoom values for the connected PTZ cameras using their locations and current views. The tracker also groups together multiple objects where possible to fit in the view of the camera. This helps to provide optimum camera views and ensure important action is not missed – ideal for use in large outdoor spaces such as shopping centres or outside of government buildings.
Axis Radar Autotracking for PTZ is a Windows service and is typically installed onto a VMS server. The application adds functionality to the Axis D2110-VE network radar device and enables quick and easy calibration of a reference map and positioning of PTZ cameras. Its intuitive user interface enables cameras and detectors to be organised into groups – allowing the cameras to cooperate.
Please note: at least one Axis D2110-VE network radar detector and one Axis Q-range PTZ network camera are required to use this application.
Key features & benefits
- Free Radar Autotracking for PTZ application is compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ cameras
- Automatically controls PTZ cameras based on motion data from an Axis radar device
- Calculates optimum pan, tilt and zoom values based on the camera’s position and current field of view
- Tracker groups together multiple objects where possible to fit in the view of the camera
- Enables quick and easy calibration of a reference map and positioning of PTZ cameras
- Intuitive user interface enables cameras and detectors to be organised into groups – allowing cameras to cooperate
This smart application adds functionality to the D2110-VE network radar detector and allows users to automatically track detected objects via connected PTZ cameras. Typical applications include shipping docks, power stations and large manufacturing depots.
Back To Top