Overview of the Axis FA51 main unit
- Up to HD 1080p resolution supported
- Single-channel connection for any FA series sensor module
- HDMI output included for connection of a local display
- Forensic WDR supported for clear footage in high-contrast lighting
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: 24 x 49 x 152 mm
The Axis FA51 is the main unit of a modular camera system that offers a non-invasive solution to small-scale surveillance. Supporting the connection of one FA series sensor to deliver Full HD video, as well as an additional HDMI output, this versatile unit can provide unobtrusive surveillance in areas such as small retail stores and reception areas – with the added option of displaying live footage locally. Furthermore, the unit comes with edge storage capabilities (MicroSD card not included), is preinstalled Axis Face Detector and can be accessed remotely via the free Axis Companion application.
This single-channel main unit can provide up to HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate and is compatible with any of the Axis FA series sensor units, including IR sensor units which provide reliable footage in complete darkness. Two configurable input/output ports are included to allow the connection of external devices to enhance alarm monitoring. Additionally, Edge Vault ensures the unit’s device ID is stored securely and is protected from cyber security threats – keeping users’ data and vital recordings safe.
This unit is designed for use with one of the Axis FA series sensor modules. For more details on the lenses available, see the Axis lens table below.
|99° to 53°
The unit offers support for a range of imaging technologies to enhance recording and allow sensors to capture clear footage in a variety of environments. Forensic WDR is supported to optimise video captured in high-contrast scenes by lowering noise levels and increasing the image signal to ensure details are visible in both dark and bright areas. Furthermore, corridor format is also supported and allows the monitoring of narrow scenes such as shopping aisles to be optimised by rotating the sensor 90° - preventing the recording of redundant areas.
A variety of video analytics applications come pre-installed, including Axis Face Detector - an application that highlights faces captured by the camera on an external visual display, alerting visitors that they are being monitored and potentially deterring negative behaviour such as shoplifting. Additionally, Loitering Guard notifies users of people lingering in a designated area for too long and Fence Guard detects when a person or object crosses a predetermined line – both are ideal for limiting instances of trespassing in the area.
This unit’s recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails. Video can be managed for free via the Axis Companion application, but for more comprehensive video management, Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect allow users to manage and edit footage and view recorded and real-time streams.
Designed to be installed in any indoor location, this unit blends seamlessly into the environment and provides a compact and non-invasive surveillance solution. It can be installed up to 8m away from the sensor, allowing for a more flexible installation process, which is also simplified with support for Power-over-Ethernet, combining both network and power connections into one cable.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Single-channel main unit supports the connection of one Axis FA sensor module to provide a flexible modular surveillance solution
- Able to stream up to HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second
- Compact size for unobtrusive installation
- Forensic WDR ensures details in high-contrast scenes are not lost
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream, allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Configurable tampering and video motion detection alarms notify users of activity and can be set to trigger edge recording
- Integrated HDMI output allows the unit to be connected to a local monitor
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
- Axis Companion application offers free basic video management that can be enhanced by using Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect
- Edge recording stores video footage onto a MicroSD card (not included) which provides a handy backup of data if connection to the network is lost
- Axis’ Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by an average of 50% whilst preserving important details in the video stream
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis FA51 is a highly adaptable main unit with a selection of compatible sensor modules, allowing it to offer unobtrusive monitoring in small areas such as banks, offices, and small retail stores.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-use license
- Terminal block connector
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- SD card
- One Axis F series sensor module