Overview of the Axis F9111 main unit
- Compatible with up to 1080p resolution
- Supports one 2nd gen F series sensor
- Two-way audio support
- Zipstream compression technology
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 51 x 120 x 120 mm
Ideal for applications that have limited space or require an unobtrusive monitoring system, the Axis F9111 main unit supports one 2nd generation F series sensor unit to offer versatile surveillance that fits into tight spaces. This unit can deliver 720p and 1080p resolution video at up to 180 fps and with multiple cable options, each sensor can be situated up to 30m from the unit, enabling greater choice in camera placement. Moreover, two-way audio support is available when speakers and microphones are connected via the I/O and audio line in/out ports. This allows two-way communication and audio detection analytics to be utilised to deliver instructions or set alarm triggers based on sounds.
Finding a sensor that suits your application is straightforward, with a range of options available, all offer both 720p and 1080p resolution, differing viewing angles and specific features such as IR illumination for areas prone to low light. To keep storage costs low, Axis Zipstream technology is included to reduce bandwidth by an average of 50% without compromising the quality of important footage. Built-in cybersecurity features such as signed firmware, secure boot and Axis Edge Vault protect the F9111 from cyberattacks and harmful code, keeping valuable data on the system and away from unauthorised individuals.
This unit is designed for use with one of the Axis F series sensor modules. For more details on the lenses available, see the Axis lens table below.
Please note: cables for each sensor are sold separately.
To provide the best possible video quality in variable light conditions, the F9111 supports advanced imaging technologies such as Lightfinder and Forensic WDR. In very low light levels, Lightfinder produces clear, full-colour video with very little blurring, making it far easier to identify important objects in near darkness. Forensic WDR – Axis’ most advanced WDR technology to date – enhances video in over and underexposed conditions, reducing visible noise and balancing lighting to make sure all details can be seen.
Full scene awareness is vital to proactive monitoring, this main unit is equipped with and supports a range of advanced analytics to keep users aware of important activity in the viewing area. Axis Object Analytics provides edge-based identification and classification of humans and vehicles, enabling object-specific event triggers and alarms to be set for more nuanced detection with fewer false alerts. The Axis F9111 also supports the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP), allowing users to choose and download analytics applications specific to their requirements, providing a fully customisable analytics solution.
In smaller installations, this unit can be used as a standalone system with video being saved to the onboard SD card (not included) and the free Axis Companion Application can be used to manage up to 16 cameras and remotely access live and recorded video. The SD card can also be used to form a backup in larger installations to safeguard data in the event of network failure. More advanced systems can be managed using a licenced VMS product such as Milestone XProtect or Axis Camera Station.
Housed in IP3x-rated aluminium casing, this robust unit is straightforward to install with support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+), delivering streamlined power and network connection via one cable to reduce installation time and equipment costs. Suitable for use in vehicles or machinery, the sensor is connected via SMA-FAKRA to reduce the impact of vibrations on video quality and controlled shutdown and ignition control are available to help reduce the chance of draining the vehicle’s battery.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key Features & Benefits
- Compact and unobtrusive, this main unit supports a single 2nd generation F-series sensor
- Produces video in 720p resolution at up to 180 fps and 1080p at up to 60 fps
- A range of sensor options are available, including one with IR illumination
- Multiple cable options are available up to 30m
- Support for two-way audio enables audio detection and communication through the camera
- Bandwidth and storage capacity are optimised using Zipstream technology
- Cybersecurity features safeguard the unit from unauthorised access and harmful code
- Full-colour footage is produced in near darkness with Lightfinder
- Forensic WDR enhances over and underexposed video
- Objects are accurately detected and classified using Axis Object analytics
- ACAP is supported to offer customisable analytics
- SD card support enables the unit to work as a standalone system and forms a backup to protect data
- Casing made from robust IP3x-rated aluminium
- PoE+ support enables one cable to deliver both power and network connection
- SMA-FAKRA connectors reduce the effect of vibrations on camera quality
- Controlled shutdown and ignition keep the unit from draining the battery if used on a vehicle
Offering a flexible alternative to traditional IP camera setups, this modular unit supports a single 2nd generation F-series sensor that can be placed up to 30m away from the unit, making it ideal for use in areas where space is limited. Typical applications include production lines, buses and ATMs.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-use license
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- SD card
- One Axis 2nd gen F series sensor modules
- Axis TU6004-E cable