Overview of the Axis F9114 main unit
- Compatible with up to 1080p resolution sensors
- Supports up to four compatible F-series sensors
- Axis Object Analytics for object-based classification and detection
- Lightfinder technology for colour video in dark conditions
- Built-in cybersecurity features
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 51 x 120 x 120 mm
Designed to provide a more straightforward alternative to a multi-camera system, the Axis F9114 supports four separate sensors on a single VMS licence. This versatile system supports up to HD 1080p resolution at up to 30 frames per second and enables users to position cameras up to 30m away from the main unit with a choice of cable lengths. To combat the high bandwidth and storage usage commonly associated with high-definition video recording, this unit includes Axis’ Zipstream compression technology to reduce storage requirements while preserving video detail.
There is a wide range of 2nd generation F-series sensors for this main unit that provides both 720p and 1080p resolution video at a variety of viewing angles and includes additional capabilities such as IR illumination to improve footage captured in complete darkness. Four configurable I/O ports are included to allow the connection of external devices to improve alarm signalling. Additionally, the F9114 is equipped with built-in cybersecurity features such as Axis Edge Vault, signed firmware, signed video and secure boot to ensure that only secure and authentic firmware and devices are installed onto the system – protecting you from unauthorised access and data breaches.
This unit is designed for use with four of the Axis F series sensor modules. For more details on the lenses available, see the Axis lens table below.
Please note: cables for each sensor are sold separately in packs of four. If you require different cable lengths for each sensor please contact us.
Suitable for a range of application areas, this main unit supports advanced imaging technologies to improve video capture in challenging conditions. Some compatible sensors are capable of balancing high-contrast lighting using Forensic WDR, helping subjects to be more easily identified. This innovative technology is also optimised for motion, reducing blur and artefacts that can occur in busy scenes. Full-colour video can be recorded in near-darkness with Lightfinder, providing full-resolution video with reduced noise and improved visibility in dark areas of the scene.
For proactive monitoring, AI-based object detection analytics are both pre-installed and supported – providing greater insight into the surveillance area and remotely alerting operators to activity in real-time. As well as standard motion detection triggers, and the AI-based events from Axis Object Analytics (AOA), the Axis F9114 also supports two-way audio through the I/O and 3.5mm line in/out ports, not only enabling communication and announcements but allowing alarm triggers to be set based on sounds in the unit’s vicinity. The unit also supports Axis’ People Counter and Axis Barcode Reader. Ideal for use in retail, People Counter tracks footfall to evaluate site performance, estimate occupancy levels and optimise operational efficiency. Furthermore, a library of authorised third-party analytics is available via the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) for a fully customisable solution.
For a cost-effective way to manage all connected sensors and to remotely view both live and recorded video for free, the Axis Companion Application can be downloaded to a PC or mobile device. In larger or more professional installations that require more advanced management, this unit can be added to a new or existing Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect system, requiring a single camera licence for four sensors, this main unit reduces overall costs when licensing in a VMS. Video can be recorded directly onto the onboard MicroSD card (not included) either enabling a standalone monitoring setup or forming a backup of data in the event of network failure.
An ideal setup for use in vehicles, the Axis F9114 is housed in IP3x-rated aluminium casing, features SMA-FAKRA connectors that can withstand vibrations, and is equipped with ignition control and controlled shutdown to avoid draining a vehicle’s battery. To ensure straightforward and affordable installation, this unit is powered via Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+), streamlining the delivery of power and network connection through a single cable – reducing equipment and cabling costs.
Key features & benefits
- Providing a flexible multi-camera solution on a single VMS licence
- Supports up to four 2nd generation F-series sensors
- Supports resolutions up to HD 1080p at 30 fps
- Zipstream technology optimises bandwidth and storage capacity
- Built-in cybersecurity features protect the system from unauthorised access
- High-contrast video is enhanced with Forensic WDR
- Lightfinder technology enables full-colour capture in near darkness
- Motion or object-based triggers can be set to notify users of activity in real-time
- Supports two-way audio communication and detection via the I/O and 3.5mm line in/out connections
- Supports additional 3rd-party applications such as People Counters and for Business Intelligence
- Onboard SD card support enables the unit to store video on the edge
- IP3x-rated aluminium casing, SMA-FAKRA connections, ignition control and controlled shutdown make the unit ideal for use in vehicles
- PoE+ provides both power and network connectivity over one cable
A straightforward alternative to a multi-camera setup, the Axis F9114 supports four individual sensors that share a single VMS licence and can be located up to 30m away from the main unit. Ideal for smaller areas requiring multiple views, typical applications include emergency vehicles, banks and production lines, or where installation of large camera units such as domes, would be unsuitable such as in stylish reception areas.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-use license
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- SD card
- Up to four Axis 2nd gen F series sensor modules
- Axis TU6004-E cable for each sensor