This product is now discontinued, an alternative is the Axis P1364-E
Overview of the Axis Q1604-E
With a wide dynamic range and tough outdoor-ready casing, the Axis Q1604-E IP camera is designed for surveillance in environments subject to varying light levels, for example, locations with strong back-light or high-contrast shadows, capturing video where most cameras would struggle. Video is crisp and well defined, with 1 megapixel resolution, ideal for identifying people in view. Low-light conditions are also catered for, with day/night switching for monochrome surveillance in low-light, or complete darkness when combined with infrared lighting.
The camera is very easy to install, coming with a sturdy wall-mount bracket and supporting Power over Ethernet for easy and flexible installation with minimal wiring. Additionally, the camera includes automatic back-focus, letting the camera automatically set the optimum focus itself.
Video recording is available without the need for expensive recording servers, with the camera's recording system able to store video to SD/SDHC memory card or networked storage, for true edge-based surveillance. The camera's integrated audio system lets users speak with people in view, or ward-off intruders from a distance.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan please add one using the options above. Please also note that two minimum operating temperatures are shown, depending on the power source used.
This camera is compatible with the free Axis Camera Companion software, allowing you to monitor up to 16 cameras on your mobile phone using downloadable viewing apps for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Axis Camera Companion allows direct recording onto an on-board SD card, helping to save on storage as there is no central PC or DVR required.
Key features & benefits of the Axis Q1604-E
- Capture detailed footage of objects in light conditions where conventional cameras would fail using the camera's wide dynamic range
- The tough metal casing protects the camera when installed outdoors
- Power over Ethernet provides power to the camera and housing across the network connection for easy installation
- 1MP resolution video is crisp and clear for easy identification
- The camera's recording system can store video directly to SD memory cards or networked hard drives, providing flexible, cost effective recording
- Day/night switching lets the camera capture events in extremely low light conditions
- 2-Way audio lets users challenge intruders remotely or speak interactively with people around the camera
- Remote back focus system quickly and easily sets the optimum focus level through the web interface
Typical applications of the Axis Q1604-E
The camera is ideal for many locations with demanding light conditions, including strong backlight and high-contrast light conditions, such as receptions, store entrances, greenhouses/conservatories, or any area with variable light conditions.
Accessories for the Axis Q1604-E
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- CD with installation tools, recording software and user manual
- Single-user Windows decoder license
- Wall mount bracket