Overview of the Bosch DINION IP Starlight Bullet 6000i
This outdoor-ready bullet IP camera delivers full HD 1080p video at up to 50 frames per second (fps) and can capture full-colour images, even in near darkness, using Starlight technology. It supports true day/night recording which is enhanced by built-in infrared (IR) LEDs, delivering clear night-time images up to a distance of 60 metres. The camera’s weather-resistant casing is also IK10-rated for impact protection, making it ideal for deployment in exposed areas where tampering or vandalism may be a problem. Additional features include two-way audio, Bosch’s Essential Video Analytics, edge storage, H.265 compression and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support.
The unit’s varifocal lens provides wide horizontal views (up to 100°) and allows the desired viewing angle to be easily set during installation. Users can define areas of interest which produce separate streams for viewing and recording; this allows specific regions to be viewed separately from the mainstream - whilst retaining overall awareness. In addition, areas of the original image can be examined in greater detail using electronic pan/tilt/zoom (E-PTZ) controls to help identify persons or objects.
Essential Video Analytics (i-LIDS approved) is an edge-based technology that provides a wide range of configurable alarms to help deliver dynamic and accurate surveillance. A total of 14 rules are available including line crossing and people counting, and a maximum of 8 rules can be processed simultaneously. During this process detailed metadata is attached to the recorded footage, allowing the quick retrieval of specific footage from hours of stored footage. Additionally, as this is an edge-based technology, all processing is done without putting any load onto the network.
Bosch’s Starlight technology enables this unit to capture full-colour images in light levels as low as 0.0225 lux by utilising an advanced sensor and high-performance noise reduction technology. Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction (IDNR) helps deliver clearer images in dark conditions by reducing levels of noise that are commonly seen in low-light video. These features work together with the unit’s efficient H.265 compression technology to deliver users with reduced bandwidth streams that still retain high image quality.
Bandwidth levels can be further managed with area-based encoding, which allows compression parameters to be set up for up to eight user-defined regions. Areas that are of less interest are highly compressed, leaving higher levels of bandwidth for parts of the scene deemed more important. A microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording or deliver verbal instructions to those close to the camera. In addition, recordings can be stored locally to the onboard microSD card (not included) and the stream can be viewed remotely via the free Bosch Video Security app.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers smooth video footage in HD 1080p resolution at 50 frames per second
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 100° to 33°
- True day/night functionality provides 24-hour surveillance of outdoor areas
- Bosch’s Starlight technology captures full-colour video footage in near-dark conditions
- Built-in infrared LEDs provide up to 60m of night vision
- IP67 and IK10-rated housing protects exposed outdoor locations
- Enhanced security monitoring with the use of Bosch’s edge-based Essential Video Analytics
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves low-light video quality and helps reduce bandwidth
- Clearer video capture in smoke, fog and haze with defog technology
- Configurable audio, motion detection and tampering alarms can trigger alerts to notify users of activity
- H.265 compression format is supported - offering further reductions on bandwidth and storage over H.264
- External alarm sources can be connected via integrated alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- Integrated microSD card storage (card not included) provides a handy backup of data if connection to the network is lost
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
- Easy access to the camera via the Bosch Video PC Client, web browser or free Bosch Video Security mobile app
Compatible recording platforms
The Bosch DINION IP Starlight Bullet 6000i uses a range of advanced technologies to deliver reliable, high-quality CCTV surveillance of outdoor locations – 24/7. Typical applications include school grounds, service stations and outside office buildings.
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top
- MicroSD card
- Bosch pole mount (LTC 9213/01)