Overview of the Sony SNC-VM601
The Sony SNC-VM601 professional dome camera is designed for locations that require clear, high frame rate video in volatile, high-risk locations with challenging lighting conditions. Frame rates of 60fps are produced at HD 720p resolution, capturing extremely fast movement which might be missed by other cameras, while the IK10-rated vandal-resistant casing prevents malicious damage to the camera.
Fitted with Sony's new high-performance IPELA engine EX system, the SNC-VM601 features their improved View-DR system, further increasing the Dynamic Range of the camera to cope with harsh high-contrast lighting. Its XDNR noise reduction system and low-light sensitivity are also enhanced which, along with true day/night switching, provide excellent low-light visibility.
The SNC-VM601 also features Sony's DEPA Advanced video analytics system which intelligently detects objects in view, ignoring random or repeated motion. The camera can then employ rules based on events such as objects or people crossing a line or disappearing from the scene, or facial detection to trigger alarms or recording. The system drastically reduces the false alarms common in conventional video motion detection systems.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan select one from the options above.
A version of this camera with 30fps frame rate is available: Sony SNC-VM601B network camera
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VM601
- 60fps frame rate at HD 720p - captures ultra-smooth, high resolution video that can see even the fastest movements in view
- Wide Dynamic Range - Sony's proprietary View-DR technology enables event capture in high-contrast lighting or in locations with strong backlight
- IK10 vandal-resistant casing - prevent damage to the camera from vandalism when installed in high-risk areas, protecting your security investment
- Advanced image analytics - detect more than just basic motion. The object-based event detection system minimises falsely-detected events
- Improved noise reduction and low-light sensitivity - capture clearer low-light security footage than other IP cameras
- True day/night switching - capture video in complete darkness by combining the camera with infrared lighting. Capture colour video during the day and infrared-sensitive monochrome footage at night
- Easy focus/zoom - set the focus and zoom from the web interface, reducing the time required for installation
- On-camera recording - provides a local backup for security footage, preventing data loss during network outages
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VM601
With high-resolution, high frame-rate video, the ability to see more in demanding light conditions and a tough outer casing, this camera is suited to high-risk locations where fast motion needs to be clearly captured such as casinos, cash-handing rooms, point-of-sale areas, department stores, schools and colleges and public transport terminals.
Accessories for the Sony SNC-VM601
- Software CD
- Installation manual
- Mounting template
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
- Screw M3
- Wire rope
- Safety regulations pamphlet
Optional: (please select from accessories tab if required)
- PoE Midspan
- SD card
- Mounting accessory