Overview of the Synology RX415
The RX415 expansion unit features four drive bays that provide up to 40TB of expanded storage for connected Synology RackStation Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices – ideal for when drive capacity is running low.
A specially designed eSATA cable provides easy setup and ensures a high-quality connection with maximum data throughput. The hot-swappable drive design allows for simple and efficient installation of extra hard drives that will operate seamlessly with any used in the connected RackStation, with no data retrieval lag.
The RAID volume in the RackStation can be increased hassle-free with no need to reformat any pre-existing hard drives, resulting in an uninterrupted service during expansion
Additionally, the RX415 can serve as a handy local backup solution for scenarios where the Synology RackStation has a system failure. Data will be stored on its local hard drives where it can be retrieved at a later date.
Please note: This expansion unit can be supplied with a choice of up to four 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Provides up to 40TB of additional storage when connected directly to a Synology RackStation NAS (capacity may vary by RAID types)
- For use with any compatible Synology RackStation units (please check the full compatibility list)
- Supports up to 40TB storage across 4 drive-bays, with the option to be supplied with WD Purple hard drives (up to 24TB – supplied separately)
- Hibernation mode activates after noticeable periods of inactivity, increasing drive lifespan and lowering energy usage
- Expanding drive capacity is simplified with hot-swappable design
- Included eSATA cable delivers a dependable connection with full throughput
- User’s Guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- Expansion cable (eSATA)
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):