Overview of the Milestone XProtect Professional+ - Base Licence
Create a comprehensive recording solution with Milestone’s high-performance IVO Husky server range.
Designed for use with any of the Milestone XProtect Video Management Software products.
View Milestone's IVO Husky range
Milestone XProtect Professional+ video management software uses the same high-performance architecture as Milestone’s advanced VMS suite and builds on the capabilities of Professional to provide a powerful surveillance solution for medium-sized businesses. The software can span across multiple servers and enables operators to manage an unrestricted number of connected cameras, servers and users from one central interface.
XProtect Professional+ is aimed at mid-to-large-sized security installations that spread across multiple buildings, and require a real-time overview of the entire system. Multi-server and Active Directory support allows for efficient deployment and maintenance of distributed systems, and with no limitation to the number of cameras, servers or users - it’s a scalable solution too. Real-time situational overviews of the system and configured alarms are also provided with the use of multi-layer maps and XProtect’s Alarm Manager interface. In addition, edge storage is supported and offers recording redundancy during periods of network loss. XProtect add-on products and third-party software applications remain supported in this version of XProtect and offer a wide range of video solutions to help increase the levels of functionality in a system.
The Open Platform design of Milestone XProtect is compatible with over 6000 IP devices - including models with 4K Ultra HD resolution or H.265 compression format. Hardware support accelerated video motion detection offers a high-performing system but at a lower total cost thanks to the CPU load reduction. Operators are also able to configure several cameras, roles and users simultaneously - a handy time saver when deploying or scaling up a system.
Milestone’s three free interfaces help to provide easy access to the system – anywhere, anytime. XProtect Smart Client offers full control and management of the system when on-site and XProtect Web Client provides remote access to live footage, playback and the sharing of recordings via internet-enabled devices. The free Milestone Mobile app is also available for iOS and Android devices, delivering live views and recording playback - on the go.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Professional+ recording server only. To add camera licences you will need to purchase a Milestone XProtect Professional+ camera licence for each device.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Professional+ offers a scalable video management solution with no limit to the number of connected cameras, servers or users
- Advanced codebase provides access to the latest camera technologies and allows operators to upgrade to XProtect Expert or Corporate
- Multi-server support enables flexible deployment of XProtect Professional+ at a large site
- Microsoft Active Directory support allows user settings and profiles to be centrally managed
- Multi-layer interactive maps offer a full overview of the camera system
- Video motion detection alarms can trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents
- Alarm manager offers a consolidated overview of security and system-related alarms – enabling instant detection of incidents
- Archiving to NAS devices is supported to offer a secure and long-term storage solution
- Edge Storage enables continuous recording of video to camera-based storage in the event of network failure
- System functionality is enhanced with XProtect add-on products and third-party software integrations
- Multiple video export formats allow for flexible recording management
- Open Platform supports over 6000 different IP devices - including cameras with H.265 compression or 4K Ultra HD resolution
- Set up is simplified with the ability to configure multiple cameras, roles and users simultaneously
- Device configurations can be set to change automatically if a specific event is triggered
- Configuration reports ensure all applied system configurations and camera view zones are documented
- Instant access and system management is provided via the XProtect Smart Client
- Remote access to a system via any internet-enabled device through the XProtect Web Client
- Free Milestone Mobile application allows operators to view live video and playback recordings from a mobile device
- Advanced video search tools enable quick retrieval of recordings
- Two-way audio is supported to enable the delivery of warnings or instructions in live view
Milestone XProtect Professional+ offers a fully scalable video management solution that is ideal for a medium to large-sized installation that’s spread across multiple buildings such as hospitals, universities and amusement parks. The software’s advanced architecture also facilitates easy system upgrades if there is a requirement to move up to an ‘Advanced VMS’ Milestone product.
XProtect Professional+ Base Licence
The base licence is required for installation of XProtect Professional+ on your server. The licence is for single-server and multi-server installations.
XProtect Professional+ Camera Licence
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Professional+ camera licence is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add to your system.
Back To Top