Overview of the Milestone XProtect Express+ - Base Licence
Create a comprehensive recording solution with Milestone’s high-performance IVO Husky server range.
Designed for use with any of the Milestone XProtect Video Management Software products.
View Milestone's IVO Husky range
Using the same high-performance architecture as Milestone’s advanced product suite, XProtect Express+ video management software (VMS) builds on the surveillance capabilities of Express to offer a comprehensive and scalable recording solution - ideal for single-site businesses. The software allows users to connect from 1 up to 48 IP cameras and features full Alarm Manager support, as well as the centralised management of an unlimited number of users via Microsoft Active Directory.
Support for archiving to Network Attached Storage (NAS) allows for large volume and long-term storage of video footage in a cost-effective manner, whilst reducing the load on the server. In addition, third-party software applications and XProtect add-on products offer a diverse range of video solutions to increase the levels of functionality in a system. XProtect Express+ also supports multi-layered maps which provide a complete graphical overview of the installation.
Over 6000 IP camera models are compatible with this Open Platform software, including models with 4K Ultra HD resolution or H.265 compression format. Support for hardware-accelerated video motion detection offers a high-performing system but at a lower total cost thanks to the CPU load reduction. Additionally, users are able to configure several cameras, roles and users simultaneously - a handy time saver when deploying or scaling up a system.
Users can access their system remotely with the help of Milestone’s three free interfaces. XProtect Smart Client offers full management of the system when on site and the XProtect Web Client provides remote access to live footage, playback and the sharing of recordings. The free Milestone Mobile app is also available and allows users to view both live and recorded video - directly via a smartphone or tablet.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Express+ recording server. To add camera licences you will need to purchase an additional Milestone XProtect Express+ camera licence for each device.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Express+ provides a versatile video management solution – scalable up to 48 IP cameras
- Advanced architecture offers access to the latest camera technologies and allows you to seamlessly upgrade to XProtect Expert or Corporate
- Full Alarm Manager capabilities provide a clear and consolidated overview of security and system-related alarms
- Unrestricted number of concurrent users allows for extensible usage across a single site
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory provides centralised and efficient user management
- Data can be archived to a NAS device for a secure and long-term storage solution
- XProtect add-on products and third-party software integration enhances system functionality
- Multi-layer maps offer a full overview of the camera system
- Support for multiple video export formats provides flexible recording management
- Open Platform supports over 6000 different IP devices - including those with H.265 compression or 4K Ultra HD resolution
- Simplified set-up with the ability to configure multiple cameras, roles and users simultaneously
- Device configurations can be set to change automatically if a specific event is triggered
- Configuration reports ensure all applied system configurations and camera view zones are documented
- Full system management when on-site is provided via the advanced XProtect Smart Client
- XProtect Web Client offers remote access to a system from any internet-enabled device
- Milestone Mobile application allows operators to view live video and playback recordings from a mobile device – free of charge
- Intelligent video analytics can trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents via push notifications (with Care Plus)
- ‘Smart Search’ tool offers advanced searching capabilities using metadata recorded during video motion detection
Designed for small to medium-sized installations with up to 48 IP devices, Milestone XProtect Express+ offers a high-performance video management solution that is ideal for schools, community centres and manufacturing warehouses. The software’s advanced codebase also facilitates easy system upgrades if users ever wish to move up to an ‘Advanced VMS’ Milestone product.
XProtect Express+ Base Licence
The base licence is required for the installation of XProtect Express+ on your server. The licence is for single-server installation only.
XProtect Express+ Camera Licence
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Express+ camera licence is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add to your system.
Back To Top