Overview of the Milestone XProtect Express+ Base Licence
Milestone XProtect is the world’s-leading video management solution for businesses and organisations, right up to city-sized deployments. The Express+ variant uses XProtect’s core functionality and is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses looking to take advantage of advanced monitoring features provided by the fully customisable open platform architecture. Its user-friendly interfaces make viewing, recording, and exporting footage straightforward for all levels of users and CCTV operators, whilst cybersecurity hardening ensures data is safe from compromise. Furthermore, an ever-growing number of extensions can be implemented to tailor to the requirements of the business, on top of the built-in capability and flexibility of the XProtect software.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Express+ full system. To add cameras and devices you will need to purchase an additional Milestone XProtect Express+ camera licence for each device.
The Express+ edition supports up to 48 network cameras and other IP-based devices, with the software’s open platform architecture allowing compatibility with over 13,000 different devices including cameras from all professional camera manufacturers as well as audio devices and much more. Express+ is designed for smaller single-site installations with basic surveillance needs and a single recording server. The simple licensing model means users can purchase a license per each device according to their requirements, allowing for scalability as businesses expand.
Accessing camera feeds and recorded footage is made easy through the three viewing interfaces:
- The industry leading Smart Client viewing software provides a powerful all-in-one monitoring tool accessible through a desktop PC, providing complete access, control, and monitoring of the system, regardless of size.
- Accessible via a web browser, the Web Client is ideal for occasional or remote users, allowing access from any modern browser without the need for additional software.
- The Mobile Client enables users on the go to remotely access cameras for live view, playback, and more from smartphones or tablets, meaning users can act on incidents from anywhere.
Cybersecurity is at the heart of Milestone XProtect, with an array of built-in security mechanisms protecting the system, its host server and individuals’ personal data from internal and external threats. Tools such as HTTPS and certificate-based encryption ensure secure communication of video, audio and metadata, and with support for Microsoft Active Directory and Single Sign-on (SSO), XProtect can use roles and groups already existing to provide access to cameras.
Milestone XProtect can run on correctly specified Windows PCs and Servers. For a ready solution which is fully optimised for Milestone XProtect choose Milestone Husky IVO Recording Servers, designed for use with any of the Milestone XProtect Video Management Software products.
Milestone Care Plus
Software runs more efficiently and safer when it is kept patched and up to date. Milestone Care Plus is an add-on to each license which enables recurring software updates, meaning you get the most out of your initial investment with optimised and secure, future-proofed software. Milestone XProtect is updated 3 times per year to ensure efficiency, and to stay ahead of cyberattacks.
Back To Top
- Simple and intuitive multi-layered maps provide a full overview of the camera system.
- Recordings can be triggered via connected external devices and video motion detection alarms sent to alert operators
- Full alarm management capabilities through XProtect Alarm Manager provides a clear and consolidated overview of security and system-related alarms.
- XProtect add-on products and third-party software integration enhances system functionality - such as XProtect Access, XProtect LPR, XProtect Transact and XProtect Retail.
- Device configurations can be set to change automatically if a specific event is triggered.
- PTZ patrol and preset capabilities for automatic monitoring adjustments.
- ‘Smart Search’ tool offers advanced searching capabilities using metadata recorded during video motion detection.
- Intelligent video analytics can trigger recordings and alert operators of incidents via push notifications.
- Configuration wizards and automatic camera detection facilitates simple system setup