Overview of the Axis Q1941-E
Part of the Axis Q19 series, this outdoor-ready thermal network camera offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576. This advanced model delivers reliable security monitoring of areas that are often in complete darkness or subject to smoke, haze or fog. Additional features include support for two-way audio, edge storage with MicroSD card (not included) and optional lens sizes.
The unit’s IP66 and IP67-rated aluminium housing and built-in window heater allow it to be used effectively in outdoor areas, protecting it from harsh weather conditions and dust. A selection of lenses in focal lengths ranging from 7mm to 60mm offers a choice of viewing angles suitable for a wide variety of applications.
Video motion and audio detection methods can be configured to trigger an alarm and alert the user of activity - delivering reliable and accurate IP CCTV monitoring. Thermal cameras are less sensitive to issues with light conditions and shadows, achieving high accuracy with fewer false alarms than non-thermal network cameras. Additionally, Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) helps to reduce the effects of camera movement from wind or vibrations – providing a clear image suitable for examination.
The unit can provide two-way audio when a microphone and speaker (not included) are connected via the external I/O ports, enabling audio recording and verbal interaction.
Axis’ Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%, ensuring that important details in the image are retained in the video stream, while unnecessary data can be removed. Local storage with the use of a MicroSD card (not included) offers a data backup and can be used as a decentralised recording solution. The camera receives power through the network cable using PoE – an easy and low-cost installation method.
Key features & benefits
- Providing thermal imaging technology at a resolution of 384 x 288 to detect objects in total darkness
- Outdoor-ready housing is IP66 and IP67-rated, allowing efficient operation in temperatures from -40°C to 60°C
- A range of lens options allows the user to choose the most effective viewing angle to meet their requirements
- Built-in window heater for clear images in harsh weather conditions
- Video motion and audio detection methods can alert users of activity in the scene for reliable security monitoring
- EIS reduces the effects of camera movement for sharper image capture and reduced bandwidth
- Support for two-way audio enables verbal interaction between the user and those in the scene
- PoE efficiently powers the camera using the network cable making installation cost-effective and quick
- Edge recording onto an SD card (not included) provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis Q1941-E delivers advanced and reliable thermal imaging surveillance - ideal for areas that require constant monitoring and accurate detection in all conditions. Typical applications include large warehouse loading bays, industrial sites and prisons.
- Choice of lens
- Wall and ceiling mount bracket
- Installation guide
- Axis Motion Detection 3
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Torx T20 screwdriver
- Terminal block connector
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
This camera is ready to be ceiling or wall-mounted. Additional accessories can be purchased to aid further mounting options:
Back To Top