Overview of the Axis Q1941-E PT
This outdoor-ready thermal IP camera by Axis offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576. It delivers reliable security monitoring of areas that are often in complete darkness or subject to smoke, haze or fog. A choice of lenses is available and the unit is mounted on a pan-tilt (PT) motor for precise navigation across wide scenes. The unit also features onboard storage and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The camera’s IP66-rated aluminium housing features a built-in window heater which allows it to be used effectively in outdoor locations and operate continuously in temperatures as low as -40°C. A selection of lens sizes allows users to choose the most suitable viewing angle (from 6.2° to 55°) for their surveillance requirements.
Using a variety of advanced image optimisation features, the camera is able to produce high-quality IP video at all times. Electronic image stabilisation (EIS) technology is included to reduce the effects of camera movement for sharper image capture. Additionally, Axis Corridor Format is a helpful feature that maximises area coverage in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream.
Video motion detection alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness and notify users of activity via notifications such as email. Integrated shock detection technology is also supported and will trigger an alert if the camera is subject to impact. Thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions, resulting in greater accuracy and fewer false alarms than non-thermal network cameras.
Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%, ensuring that important details in the image are retained in the video stream, while unnecessary data can be removed. Installation is simplified with support for PoE and recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Thermal IP cameras provide accurate detection and reliable security monitoring with a reduced occurrence of false alarms
- Offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576 resolution
- Outdoor-ready, IP66-rated housing enables the camera to function in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Pan-tilt mount allows the user to remotely move the camera and navigate across wide outdoor areas
- Integrated window heater for clear images in harsh weather conditions
- 7mm, 13mm, 19mm, 35mm, and 60mm lens options allow detection performance to be optimised
- Effects of camera movement are reduced with Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology
- Axis Corridor Format optimises viewing in narrow scenes and maximises the area of interest
- Configurable video motion detection alarms can alert users of activity in the scene for reliable security monitoring
- Reduced bandwidth and storage requirements using Axis’ award-winning Zipstream technology
- PoE support helps to reduce cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
- Local recording to a MicroSD card (not included) provides a backup solution if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms:
The Axis Q1941-E PT bullet IP camera offers advanced detection in outdoor areas that require accurate and reliable security monitoring. Typical applications include industrial sites, shipping docks and manufacturing warehouses.
- Choice of lens
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Torx T20 screwdriver
- Terminal block connector
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top