This product is discontinued and has been replaced by the Sony SNC-VM641
Overview of the Sony SNC-VM631
The Sony SNC-VM631 is one of the few cameras that combine high resolution with high frame rate, producing HD1080p video at 60fps; double that of most other network cameras. The increase in frame rate provides ultra-smooth video feeds that can be used to capture sleight-of-hand or extremely fast motion. Additionally, the camera's IK10-rated rugged casing prevents damage by vandalism, allowing it to monitor effectively and in high resolution in high-risk, vulnerable locations.
Capable of capturing detailed footage in a variety of light environments, the SNC-VM631, like the others in the range, features Sony's View-DR Wide Dynamic Range technology. The system captures evenly exposed video from brightly lit and shadowed areas simultaneously, showing detail that other cameras may miss. Additionally, Sony's improved XDNR noise reduction software minimises image noise in real-time, improving the clarity of low-light shots. For complete darkness, the camera can be combined with infrared lighting for a true 24-hour monitoring solution.
Sony's DEPA Advanced intelligent video analytics is also present on-board. Rather than simply detecting motion, the camera detects objects while ignoring random or continuous motion. This significantly reduces false alarms without missing key events.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. If you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
A version of this camera with a conventional indoor casing is available: Sony SNC-VM630 network camera
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VM631
- 60fps @ 1080p - for scenarios where ultra-smooth or high frame-rate footage is required, this camera captures double the frame rate of other HD 1080p cameras
- Rugged IK10-rated casing - the camera is suitable for monitoring high-risk locations where vandalism is a possibility
- View-DR Wide Dynamic Range - see detail in extremes bright and dark sections of the same image
- Low-light capability - Sony's improved XDNR noise reduction technology and a switchable IR-cut filter provide clear footage in low-light
- DEPA Advanced - automate the event detection process while reducing false alarms with intelligent object-based event detection
- Powered focus and zoom - minimise installation times by accurately adjusting the camera's focus and zoom through the web interface
- On-camera recording - reduce system costs or provide a local backup for recordings by storing video to SD memory card
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VM631
The SNC-VM631's high resolution and frame rate, vandal-proof casing and its capability to deliver usable video in harsh/poor lighting conditions make it suitable for areas where fast movement or sleight-of-hand need to be captured in volatile locations, including cash handling and Point of Sale (PoS) surveillance, bookmakers, financial buildings, casinos, banks, supermarkets and schools.
Included accessories for the Sony SNC-VM631
- Software CD
- Installation manual
- Mounting template
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
- Screw M3
- Wire rope
- Safety regulations pamphlet