Overview of the Bosch AUTODOME 5100i outdoor
- Delivers smooth 4MP resolution video at up to 60 fps
- PTZ functionality with 360° pan, 90° tilt and up to 30x zoom
- Optional 320m IR and 60m white light illumination
- HDR X technology for improved high-contrast video
- Dimensions: Standard model: 207 mm x 303.6 mm IR model: 285 mm x 456 mm
- Bosch 3-year warranty
Featuring a ½” sensor for improved low-light performance, the Bosch AUTODOME 5100i outdoor PTZ camera produces 4MP resolution footage at up to 60fps, providing smooth video capture in busy environments. The integrated IR-cut filter provides 24-hour monitoring, with the option of enhancing this with dual-mode illumination (only available with IR model – select from dropdown menu). Equipped with up to 60m colour white light and up to 320m IR illumination, it is easier to identify key objects and events, even in complete darkness. Both variants also include Starlight technology, a handy feature that enables full-colour video to be captured in extremely low light levels.
Designed to offer wide area coverage, the camera has full PTZ functionality, including 360° endless pan and 90° tilt for quick and precise navigation of the entire viewing area, as well as a choice of 20x (standard model) or 30x (IR model), zoom to allow further examination of objects and activity. Made for exposed outdoor environments, this robust PTZ camera can withstand inclement weather and vandalism attempts as its aluminium casing is IP66 and IK10-rated. Furthermore, the unit’s smart encoding capabilities, combined with dynamic noise reduction technology and analytics, efficiently reduce bandwidth and storage requirements without compromising important footage.
To ensure the best quality footage when conditions are less than ideal, the Bosch AUTODOME 5100i includes a range of imaging technologies. In areas prone to over- and under-exposure, HDR X is available to increase dynamic range and reduce motion blur in areas with high levels of activity – making sure all details can be seen clearly. Pre-programmed scene modes can be activated with a single click, optimising image settings to match lighting conditions - producing clear footage in a range of situations.
Equipped with Bosch’s Essential video analytics on the edge, the camera allows users to set alarm triggers when specific objects (upright humans, cars bikes or trucks) or activities (line crossing, loitering, object removal) are detected – notifying them in real-time, even if they are not directly monitoring the camera. Essential Video Analytics can also gather data such as people counting, occupancy and crowd density estimation – ideal for use in retail or hospitality applications. The camera also supports advanced alarm control, using rule-based logic to determine and manage alarms – users are able to pre-define rules to ensure they get the exact data they want, minimising false or irrelevant alarms. Furthermore, alarm signalling can be enhanced with the connection of external devices via integrated I/O ports.
Users can access the camera with the Bosch Viewer application, providing a versatile viewing solution with remote access to live views, camera control and recording playback at any time or place – all from a mobile device. With ONVIF support, this camera can also connect to a Milestone XProtect system, allowing for more advanced management or integration into an existing VMS installation. Moreover, if network connection is interrupted, data can be stored directly to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) – providing a secure backup.
The unit offers simple installation with a range of universal bracketry that is compatible across Bosch models, making it easier to select the correct accessories and mount the camera in the required position. High-capacity power and network connection are available via a single cable with support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+), saving on equipment costs and installation time. Furthermore, the IR model also features a rain-sensing wiper to improve imaging in wet conditions by automatically removing droplets from the sensor.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Captures video in clear 4MP resolution at up to 60 fps
- Full PTZ capabilities including 360° pan, 90° tilt, and 20x (standard) or 30x (IR) zoom
- Enhanced low-light video capture with ½” sensor
- Two models are available, one with 320m IR and 60m white light illumination for improved imaging in darkness
- Full-colour footage is available in extreme low light conditions with Starlight technology
- Robust aluminium casing has IP66-rated weather protection and IK10-rated vandal resistance
- Smart encoding optimises bandwidth and reduces storage requirements
- HDR X enhances video captured in high-contrast conditions
- Multiple pre-configured scene modes are available to optimise image settings based on lighting conditions
- Bosch Essential Video Analytics provide accurate and reliable object detection
- Support is available for more sophisticated rules-based alarms
- External devices can be connected via I/O ports to enhance alarm signalling
- A backup of data can be saved directly to the onboard SD card (not included) to safeguard video if network connection fails
- Universal mounting accessories are available for most Bosch cameras making mounting easier
- PoE+ saves on installation costs by providing both power and network over one cable
- IR model is equipped with a rain-sensing wiper to remove water droplets from the sensor
Providing smooth and precise navigation of extensive outdoor areas and protection against harsh weather and vandalism, the Bosch AUTODOME 5100i is ideal for use in exposed environments that require round-the-clock monitoring in all manner of light conditions. Typical applications include zoos, transit terminals or large car parks.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Mounting template
- T10 Torx Screwdriver
- 4 x MAC address labels
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from dropdown menu)
Back To Top