Overview of the Mobotix M73
The Mobotix M73 is a cutting-edge IP camera that offers resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD and the ability to create a versatile outdoor surveillance solution. With space for up to three modules, users can choose between a range of optical lenses and functional modules (including interchangeable audio, multifunctional and illumination sensors). Additionally, this unique model includes storage at the edge, free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Featuring a powerful Quad-Core-ARM Cortex-A53 processor, the camera can provide clear footage at up to 4K resolution at full frame rate - making it ideal for large locations that require highly detailed video capture. The M73 is the pioneering model of the 7th generation from Mobotix that introduces the Mobotix 7 platform for highly increased levels of performance and flexibility. Opening up the possibilities for users to improve their business operations and functionality, the camera comes pre-installed with a host of certified deep-learning applications. For example, AI-FaceDetect Deep offers a people counting solution that bases its data gathering on face detection; whilst AI-Bio Deep enables biometric analysis of people in an area - based on gender, age and length of stay. Additionally, AI-overcrowd can be used to alert users when the number of people in an area exceeds a pre-defined threshold.
Day, night or day/night optical lenses are available in 4K resolution for detailed imaging, or a 4MP day/night sensor can be selected that offers ultra-low light performance. This wide choice of optical lenses provides viewing angles from ultra-wide 120°, down to 15° super-tele – allowing essential focal points within the field of view to be captured.
A range of functional modules are also available including an audio module with a microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio within the camera’s viewing area. For enhanced imaging in darkness, IR modules can be connected alongside an optical lens to provide IR illumination distances of up to 40m (for 050 super wide lens), 70m (for 080 wide and 100 standard lenses) and 100m (150 tele and 280 super-tele lenses). In addition, a multi-sensor module is also available that detects changes in brightness, temperature, noise levels and movement and then triggers recording and alerts the user via email notification.
When ordering, please select the lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Note: A combination of up to two optical lenses and a functional module, or two functional modules and one optical lens can be fitted into the M73 main body.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers up to 4K UHD resolution at a maximum of 30 frames per second
- Modular design features three inputs for the connection of optical lenses and functional modules
- Innovative Mobotix 7 software platform allows a range of certified and custom applications to be integrated onto the camera
- Supports use of an IR cut-filter module for true day/night recording
- Wide dynamic range improves the capture of detail in high contrast conditions
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card for a standalone system or a reliable back up
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG, and H.264 and H.265 formats
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows simultaneous streaming of multiple areas within the field of view
- Durable IP66 and IK07-rated casing provides protection in exposed outdoor locations
- PoE+ allows network and power to be delivered over one cable
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Mobotix’s unique decentralised system means that every Mobotix IP camera stores and processes video on-board using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. Therefore, users do not need to invest in additional equipment or recording software to run their CCTV systems. Mobotix’s innovative design allows utmost flexibility when expanding and running a camera system.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(8GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the accessories tab)
The camera makes use of built-in image processing functions, such as wide dynamic range to ensure footage is captured with optimum clarity in high contrast conditions.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor offers intuitive video motion detection that identifies movements of interest to reduce instances of false alarms caused by extraneous shadows or the movement of internal fixtures.
Mobotix MxAnalytics collects statistical behaviour data of people and objects in the camera’s field of view. Heatmapping and data counting can be displayed to identify areas of high traffic and show how many people or objects pass a specific location – and in what direction.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is a free video management software that is available for all Mobotix cameras. Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras have no moving parts such as fans or heaters and the reinforced fibreglass and aluminium housing of this camera is IK07 and IP66 vandal and weather resistant. This means that the camera can function at a wide range of temperatures and in demanding conditions without needing additional protection, allowing them to run economically with little maintenance.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix M73 is a high-performance multi-module camera that gives users the ability to customise a solution to meet their specific surveillance needs. Typical applications include outdoor locations such as city centres, train platforms and car parks.
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
- 8 GB MicroSD card
- Housing (aluminium, PBT-30GF)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenches (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50cm patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card