Y-cam MultiLive Multi-Camera Viewing Software Now Available and FREE!

January 9th, 2008 by Greg

Y-cam MultiLive Product Image
We are happy to announce that the people at Y-cam have just launched a free software application which allows you to view live images from up to nine Y-cams simultaneously!

Free Software Download

Y-cam MultiLive is a security monitoring application which you can download for free directly from us here at Network Webcams. The application will allow you to monitor multiple Y-cams with audio using the White or Black models, all from the comfort of one screen.

Managed Video Clip Creation

The software helps manage the recording of video clips from all your connected Y-cams. Your recordings can be on-demand or set to record based on motion detection. Limits can be put in place to ensure that the amount of recordings does not exceed the amount of storage space available. A shortcut is provided in the application to take you directly to the folder where your recordings are saved, allowing quick access to your archives.

Main Features:

• Monitor up to 9 simultaneous live action views with audio listen-in
  • Supports both Y-cam White and Y-cam Black or a combination of the two
  • Full Screen mode. Utilise every inch of your monitor space
  • Live video images scaled to fit screen or forced to correct aspect ratio
  • Digital zoom control from application
  • Start video clip creation on demand or based on motion detection
  • Manage your recordings and storage space requirements
  • Volume control

More Information:

Free download: Y-cam MultiLive Software

Y-cam White wireless IP security camera with audio listen-in

Y-cam Black wireless IP security camera, infrared night vision, audio listen-in

16 Responses to “Y-cam MultiLive Multi-Camera Viewing Software Now Available and FREE!”

1. Ian says:

Hi,

I am looking for software that I can use for a camera I have. My problem is that I want to install it onto a Linux box and use it as a camera server.

Do you or anyone know of any good camera software that runs in Linux.

Thanks for some great articles.

Ian.

2. Greg says:

Hi,

I assume that the camera you have isn't an IP camera as all the IP cameras we sell and deal with already have built-in web servers.

3. mike says:

I want to buy 4 axis cameras however
    Is this software compatible with windows home server ?

The Axis camera management is not!

4. Greg says:

Which software? All the software to view live images from an Axis camera is contained within the camera itself. All you need is an Internet browser.

5. Peter says:

Can you tell me if this works externally to the home network to which your cam is connected – ie as with the y-cam software this can be viewed from any locations via for example a static DDNS.. if so what is the host name or IP address you need state when trying to connect externally..

thanks

6. Greg says:

Yes, you can use the software from a remote location. Simply set up the MultiLive software with the same external address you use to access your camera remotely.

7. Andrew says:

I just ordered a pair of Y-Cam Black devices for monitoring a workplace and am DELIGHTED to have downloaded MultiLive to try with them. Can you tell me please if ML will also support other IP Cams, from other manufacturers? Cheers.

8. Greg says:

No, it's developed by Y-cam for their Y-cam IP cameras. It's not going to support other manufacturers cameras in the future.

9. FrikkenBone says:

Hi,

has anyone had problems with the Multilive software from Ycam crashing ou on Server 2003 machines?

10. Simon says:

Hi

Does this software work with the Y-Cam Knight IP Camera?

11. Bob says:

Hi

Is there a fix for the length of record time after the alarm is set? I can’t adjust under 1 Hour.

12. mike says:

Can you download multiview for a mac?

13. Greg says:

@Mike:

I'm sorry, Multilive is only available on Windows.

Check out SecuritySpy for the Mac, that's a great recording application we recommend and very affordable: http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=70_135&products_id=925

14. Vincent says:

Hi,
    Can I use this Camera software to video webcast for more than 1 user at time? Maybe 100?
    Thanks

15. Greg says:

@Vincent:

Sorry Vincent, this is for viewing multiple Y-cam cameras only.

16. SpitfireTN says:

I can not seem to get this software to show my two IP cams. They are a generic cam that says: DB Power. Has anyone else run into this? I can set up a name and password for testing if needed.