Overview of the Axis Q8615-E
- Delivers HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60fps
- Varifocal lens provides horizontal views of 2° - 60.6°
- Full PTZ positioning capabilities for advanced scene analysis
- Built-in wiper for clear imaging in harsh weather
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 229 x 411 x 579 mm
The Axis Q8615-E PTZ camera is part of the high-performance Q series and features a larger ½” sensor that provides improved imaging in complex light conditions. This powerful unit delivers clear HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60fps – ideal for capturing full detail in high-traffic areas 24 hours a day. Axis’ advanced Lightfinder technology provides enhanced light sensitivity to ensure sharp full-colour footage in low-light conditions, increasing the camera’s ability to detect objects of interest. Furthermore, a built-in wiper keeps the lens free from water droplets and fog when placed in an area exposed to inclement weather or splashes of water.
Setting the camera’s horizontal viewing angle is straightforward with the varifocal lens, allowing views between 2° - 60.6° to be set at installation. Full PTZ positioning capabilities enable precise navigation across the viewing area. Smooth 360° endless pan and ground-to-sky tilt (-90° to +45°) allow the entire scene to be viewed, whilst it can be inspected in closer detail with the 31x optical zoom. Additionally, as this is a PTZ positioning camera, its movement guarantees that a preset can be recalled the next time the camera is used. Offering intelligent object detection and classification through Axis Object Analytics (AOA), the Q8615-E differentiates between humans and vehicles and detects behaviours such as line crossing and loitering – providing more accurate alarm triggers that produce fewer false alerts. A range of cybersecurity features such as signed firmware, Axis Edge Vault and secure boot, keep the camera safe from harmful code or data breaches. Signed firmware blocks altered or potentially malicious firmware from entering the system by verifying any code that is installed onto the device. Axis Edge Vault verifies new devices during installation and protects the device ID from unauthorised access. Secure boot prevents unauthenticated code from being installed during the start-up process, ensuring only trusted Axis firmware is booted.
This powerful camera can produce high-quality footage in challenging conditions with the help of its ½” sensor, Lightfinder and a whole range of imaging technologies. These technologies include Forensic WDR, focus recall, electronic image stabilisation (EIS) and support for IR illumination. Forensic WDR balances bright and shadowed areas in strongly backlit scenes to produce video tuned for maximal forensic usability. Optimised for video with high levels of movement, this advanced technology also reduces noise and motion artefacts for clear video in busy scenes. Focus recall is a handy feature that helps the camera instantly focus in predefined areas, even in challenging conditions, reducing the need to manually focus or wait for autofocus to adjust. EIS improves the stability of the video when the camera is panning, tilting or zooming – ensuring smooth footage throughout. Moreover, the camera’s 24-hour capture (using the automatic IR-cut filter) can be enhanced when the Axis PT IR illuminator kit C is attached (sold separately), providing up to 500m IR illumination in complete darkness.
In addition to AOA, this camera also features a range of intelligent analytics to provide more dynamic scene awareness. Configurable, camera-based video motion detection alarms are available to trigger email notifications, SD card recording or to move the camera directly to a pre-set location to ensure all activity is captured. Active gatekeeper allows the camera to guard a gate/entrance and its surroundings, zooming in when an object appears and zooming out after a pre-designated number of seconds. Active gatekeeper can also work alongside Autotracking to follow the object as it moves away from the gate – capturing any subsequent activity.
Installing the free Axis Companion Application onto a PC or mobile device provides simple video management for up to 16 cameras and remote access to live or recorded video. For a more advanced video management solution, the camera can be connected to a new or existing Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect system- ideal for larger surveillance installations that exceed 16 cameras. In the event of network failure, the onboard SD card storage (card not included), allows the camera to record footage on the edge – reducing instances of data loss.
Robust and reliable, this unit is designed to withstand up to 20 joules of impact and temperatures between -50 °C and 55 °C with its IK10 and IP66-rated aluminium casing – suitable for deployment in exposed areas prone to vandalism and variable weather. Installation is simplified using the built-in pixel counter to validate the operational requirements with a click of a button. The unit's built-in SFP slot supports an SFP midspan for long-distance fiber network connection. Additionally, Zipstream compression technology reduces bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of 50% without compromising important forensic data.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Improved low-light video capture with a larger ½” sensor
- Full, jerk-free, PTZ functionality with 360° pan, ground-to-sky tilt and 31x zoom enables comprehensive scene navigation and automatic recall of preset position
- Ideal for busy areas, delivering HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60fps
- Horizontal views between 2° - 60.6° can be set using the varifocal lens
- Full-colour footage is produced in reduced light conditions with Lightfinder
- Built-in wiper keeps the lens clear from fog and water droplets
- AOA accurately detects and classifies objects in real-time for more object-specific alarm triggers
- The camera is protected from harmful data and unauthorised access with built-in cybersecurity features
- Forensic WDR produces detailed video with lower noise levels in high-contrast conditions
- Ficus recall instantly adjusts the focus in predefined areas
- EIS stabilises footage when the camera is moving
- True day/night capability enables 24-hour monitoring of outdoor locations
- Support for up to 500m IR illumination is available with an optional accessory
- Email notifications, recording or PTZ movement can be triggered using video motion detection
- Active gatekeeper dynamically protects gateways by detecting and tracking objects
- Autotracking allows the camera to follow an object around the viewing area
- Onboard SD card enables edge recording and forms a handy backup in case of network failure
- The camera’s casing is IP66 and IK10 rated to protect against up to 20 joules of impact and temperatures between -50 °C and 55 °C
- Operational requirements can be validated at a click of a button with Axis pixel counter
- Support for long-distance fiber connection with built-in SFP slot
- Zipstream technology optimises bandwidth and storage requirements whilst retaining video quality
Equipped with full PTZ functionality, a ½” sensor and a high framerate for precise, clear and smooth monitoring, the Axis Q8615-E is ideal for wide open outdoor areas requiring reliable surveillance in variable light conditions. Typical applications include stadiums, airports and ferry terminals.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Power connector
- I/O connector
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
- Power supply
- MicroSD card
- Axis PT IR Illuminator Kit C
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top