Overview of the Axis Q6318-LE
- Captures crisp 4K UHD resolution video at up to 30 fps
- Varifocal lens offers views between 2.3° and 58.5°
- High-speed PTZ functionality with 360° endless pan and 31x optical zoom
- Precise Autotracking 2 capabilities
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: Ø 239 x 261
High-quality and powerful, the feature-packed Axis Q6318-LE PTZ dome captures sharp 4K UHD resolution video at full framerate – 24 hours a day. Equipped with a larger ½” sensor, allowing more light per pixel and providing higher quality footage with reduced noise levels – especially in low light conditions. The unit also includes long-range OptimisedIR LEDs that illuminate up to 200m around the camera in complete darkness. OptimisedIR is also designed to automatically adjust to the camera’s movements, avoiding reflections and glare and ensuring the entire field of view is evenly lit. The unit also features a built-in laser for quick and precise focusing – even in challenging light conditions.
For proactive and comprehensive surveillance, this advanced camera has an impressive range of movement with 360° endless pan, 70° tilt and 31x optical zoom (including quick-zoom), providing detailed monitoring of large outdoor spaces. The unit’s varifocal lens also allows optimum scene coverage to be set between 2.3° and 58.5° during installation. When a moving object is detected in the camera’s view, Axis Digital Autotracking 2 can be used to zoom in and follow the object for greater scene awareness. Whilst an object is being tracked, the application also continues to monitor the entire field of view, and when a second moving object is detected the viewing area is adapted to include all moving objects. To protect the camera from cyber-attacks and unauthorised access, a range of built-in cybersecurity features are included to mitigate the risks and combat vulnerabilities in the surveillance system. A FIPS 140-2 level 2 certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM) keeps cryptographic keys and certificates secure from data breaches, whilst signed firmware and secure boot block unauthorised firmware and malicious code from entering the system.
In addition to the camera’s larger sensor, and long-range IR illumination, a number of imaging technologies are included to also improve the quality of footage in challenging conditions. Forensic WDR is optimised for areas with high levels of movement, as Axis’ most advanced WDR technology, it balances out lighting and reduces visible noise and artefacts in high-contrast scenes, making it easier to identify objects and people in difficult lighting. Also equipped with Sharpdome, the camera can produce sharp, focused footage across the entire field of view. This innovative technology minimises reflections on the dome for full image clarity, regardless of the tilt or pan angle. Moreover, the footage is kept stable and free from motion blur, even when the camera is moving, thanks to electronic image stabilisation (EIS) – allowing smooth object tracking and zooming.
This state-of-the-art unit features a wide range of intelligent analytics including Axis Object Analytics (AOA), Motion Guard, Fence Guard and Loitering Guard. AOA can accurately detect and classify humans and vehicles, allowing specific event triggers and alarms to be set, based on object classes for more nuanced detection and enhanced scene awareness. Motion, Fence and Loitering Guard enable alarm triggers to be configured when a moving object is detected, crosses a line or dwells in the viewing area for a set length of time – sending email notifications or triggering recording to the onboard SD card, ensuring no important events are missed. Custom analytics applications are available to download through Axis’ Camera Application Platform (ACAP) for a tailored analytics solution if more specific detection is required.
There are several options for video management on this camera, Axis’ free Companion Application is available for small installations of up to 16 cameras, providing basic management options and remote access to both live and recorded video. In more advanced setups, a paid VMS solution may be more appropriate. This camera is compatible with both Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect and can be easily added to an existing system. Furthermore, support for edge storage is included, allowing recordings to be written to a MicroSD card (not included) – serving as a backup in the event of network failure.
Designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions, encased in IP66/67-rated housing and featuring Axis’ Speed Dry functionality, the Q6318-LE still provides clear, high-quality video in inclement weather such as rain, snow or high winds. With arctic temperature control, the unit is able to start up in temperatures as low as -40°C and two temperature zones are available to save energy when it is needed most – ideal when using solar panels or batteries to power the camera. As well as being weather-resistant, the camera’s housing is also IK10-rated to protect from tampering and vandalism in exposed and busy areas. Power and network connections can be streamlined using the unit’s built-in 60W PoE+ switch, enabling both connections to be made through a single cable, saving installation time and equipment costs.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers sharp 4K UHD resolution video at up to 30 frames per second
- Equipped with a varifocal lens that offers a 2.3° - 58.8° field of view
- Full PTZ capabilities with 360° endless pan, 70° tilt and 31x optical zoom
- Larger ½” sensor improves image quality in low-light conditions
- Automatically adjustable long-range OptimisedIR LEDs provide up to 200m of illumination
- Precise focusing is possible with a built-in laser
- Objects can be detected and followed around the viewing area with Axis Digital Autotracking 2
- A range of cybersecurity features protect the camera from data breaches and unauthorised access
- Forensic WDR is optimised for motion and improves footage captured in high-contrast conditions
- Sharpdome technology reduces reflections on the dome when panning and tilting
- EIS stabilises footage when the camera moves
- Accurate object detection and classification are possible with Axis Object Analytics
- Event triggers can be set, based on movement, line crossing and dwell times with Motion, Fence, and Loitering guard applications
- ACAP provides a library of custom analytics for a more tailored monitoring solution
- A handy backup can be formed in the event of network failure with the onboard SD card (card not included)
- IP66/67 protection and Speed Dry functionality safeguard the camera from the effects of harsh weather conditions
- Arctic temperature control allows the camera to start up in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Multiple temperature zones enable energy savings when required
- IK10-rated casing makes the unit suitable for deployment in areas prone to vandalism
- Both network and power can be delivered through a single cable with PoE+
Equipped with full PTZ capabilities, laser focus, advanced analytics and long-range OptimisedIR, this innovative camera is ideal for use in large, busy outdoor areas that require precise and proactive monitoring around the clock. Typical applications include city surveillance, stadiums and amusement parks.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- 60W midspan (including power cable)
- IP66-rated network connector
- Repaint template
- Paint paper
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top