Overview of the Axis Q3538-SLVE
- Delivers smooth 4K resolution at up to 60fps
- Varifocal lens with 49° - 103° horizontal viewing angle
- Robust stainless steel casing
- Equipped with ARTPEC-8 chipset for deep learning analytics
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: ø 195 x 125 mm
Designed for use in marine and chemical environments, the Q3538-SLVE is a robust dome camera housed in anti-corrosion stainless steel casing. Capturing smooth video in 4K UHD resolution at up to 60 frames per second (fps), this camera is suitable for use in high-traffic environments. Featuring Axis’ innovative ARTPEC-8 chipset and a deep learning processing unit (DLPU), the Q3538-SLVE offers highly accurate object detection on the edge and has enhanced cybersecurity features built-in. Additional features include up to 40m IR illumination, Lightfinder 2.0 and Forensic WDR.
It is easy to set the desired viewing angle at installation with the camera’s varifocal lens, offering a horizontal viewing range of 49° - 103°. 2x optical zooming also enables areas of interest to be examined in closer detail, making sure that no important details or events are missed. Another handy feature is the unit’s OptimisedIR LEDs, ideal for use at night or in dark spaces, these LEDs illuminate up to 40m around the camera and adjust automatically to the camera’s zoom ratio, minimising reflections that could obscure the footage. Furthermore, an array of built-in cybersecurity features including Axis Edge Vault, signed firmware, and secure boot, safeguard the system from cyber-attacks.
Equipped for use both day and night with its automatic IR-cut filter, this camera includes a range of advanced imaging technologies to help it produce the best possible footage in challenging conditions. Forensic WDR uses a set of advanced algorithms to increase image signal, lower noise levels and produce detailed footage in high-contrast scenes – making it easier to identify subjects and important details. Full-colour video is produced, even in near darkness, with Lightfinder 2.0. Providing full detail, high-resolution footage, this advanced technology reduces noise and motion blur so that all areas of the scene are visible. In narrow areas, Corridor Format can be used to rotate the video stream by 90°, maximising area coverage and preventing redundant areas from being captured.
For precise and intelligent monitoring, this camera has several analytics that take advantage of its DLPU and advanced chipset. In addition to basic motion and tampering detection alarms, moving objects such as humans and vehicles can be detected, classified and, in the case of vehicles, subclassified with Axis Object Analytics. This reliable object detection enables the creation of object-specific alarms and event triggers for high levels of scene awareness with reduced false alerts. Moreover, the integrated alarm and audio I/O ports allow the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling or enable audio detection.
Free video management and remote access are available via the Axis Companion Application for setups with up to 16 cameras, whilst larger or more demanding systems can be managed using a new or existing Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect licences. In the event of network failure, data can be saved to the onboard SD card (card not included) for a reliable backup.
The Axis Q3538-SLVE is designed with straightforward and durable installation in mind, equipment and installation costs are reduced with support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) as it enables both network and power to be delivered over one cable. As well as being made from marine-grade stainless steel, the camera’s casing is IP66/67/68 and IK11 rated for protection against inclement weather and up to 50 joules of impact – ideal for exposed outdoor areas at risk of vandalism. Additionally, storage costs can be saved using Zipstream compression technology. This intelligent feature preserves important forensic detail whilst lowering bandwidth by an average of 50%.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Captures sharp 4K resolution video at up to 60fps
- Varifocal lens allows views between 49° - 103° to be set during installation
- Areas of the scene can be closely inspected using the 2x optical zoom
- Encased in durable stainless steel housing for robust use in marine or chemical environments
- ARTPEC-8 chipset and DLPU enhance analytics capabilities and cybersecurity features
- Up to 40m OptimisedIR illumination improves video capture in complete darkness
- Forensic WDR intelligently balances lighting in high-contrast conditions
- Full-colour footage is available in extremely low lighting with Lightfinder 2.0
- Corridor format rotates the video stream by 90° to optimise capture in narrow spaces
- Objects are accurately detected and classified using Axis Object Analytics
- Audio detection and improved alarm signalling are available when external devices are connected via the I/O ports
- A backup of data can be saved to the onboard SD card if the network fails
- PoE+ support supplies both network and power over one cable for cost-effective installation
- Extremely durable housing is also IP66/67/68 and IK11-rated to safeguard against harsh weather and up to 50 joules of impact
- Bandwidth and storage requirements are optimised with Zipstream compression technology
Providing clear 4K resolution video and deep-learning analytics capabilities, even in demanding conditions, this robust stainless steel dome is built for use in marine environments such as ports, harbours and on ships.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Drill hole template
- Terminal block connectors for DC and I/O
- RESISTORX® L-key
- Connector guard
- Cable gasket
- Conduit adapter
- Mounting bracket
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessories included
- Ceiling mounting - accessories included
- Pole mounting - Axis T91F67