Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Overview:
This camera has been discontinued and has been replaced by: Mobotix M15D-SEC.
The Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 is a static outdoor IP CCTV camera which offers both day and night viewing by means of using two lenses, one which is optimised for day viewing and one which is optimised for night. This camera comes with two 22mm lenses which offer a 90° field of view. The colour sensor of the M12D is a 3 megapixel progressive scan CMOS sensor which offers a maximum resolution of 2048x1536. The black and white image sensor is a 1.3 megapixel progressive scan sensor which is designed to be sensitive for low light conditions. With these sensors, the M12 offers crisp, clear and detailed images at rates as high as 30 frames per second (fps) at 640x480, 10fps at 1280x960 and 4fps at full 2048x1536. The Camera will also automatically switch between lenses in changing light conditions so that the M12 will always provide the best image possible. With the adjustable shutter speeds of the M12, the colour sensor can produce useable images in light conditions as low as 1Lux at a shutter speed of 1/60 sec and 0.05Lux at 1 sec. The night sensor on the other hand can offer images at a light level of 0.1Lux at 1/60 sec or 0.005 Lux at 1 sec.
The M12D is also IP65 rated so the camera can be mounted outdoors open to the elements without worry of damage and comes with built in wall/ceiling mount bracket and concealed cable run. The M12D also comes equipped with built in microphone and speaker to allow users to communicate easily with people at the camera and can even be configured as a Voice over IP (VoIP) phone. The camera does not use a traditional power supply and instead uses Power over Ethernet (802.3af). This makes the camera easier and quicker to install as only a single cable need be run from your existing network.
The Mobotix M12 also comes with built in ring buffer for recording to network drives. The camera can record to a network Windows or Linux share and can be set to record on motion only, meaning information is only transferred when needed, reducing bandwidth usage. As with all Mobotix cameras, the M12D can be used with Macintosh operating systems. In addition to motion detection, the M12 offers a built in infrared sensor which can detect changes in heat in the local area and can be used in conjunction with other events to reduce false triggers. An extensive list of actions can be triggered including FTP, sound alerts, IP notification and even phone calls using the included VoIP client.
For on-board recording, the M12 offers 64MB of internal memory which can hold up to 4000 images at full CIF resolution. Additionally, the M12 offers an SD memory card port which supports cards up to 16GB. When used in conjunction with a remote server, the camera will automatically store images to the internal storage should contact with the storage device be lost and will automatically transfer the stored images once connection is restored.
The Mobotix Range of IP cameras have been designed to be used primarily in security applications with little to no maintenance. With its megapixel quality and rugged casing the camera is a perfect addition to any CCTV security application.
Please note that this camera does not come with a power supply. Should you not have any existing Power over Ethernet equipment you will need to select a PoE midspan from the drop-down box at the top of the page.
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Key Benefits:
- Clear, crisp megapixel quality images means that identification and recognition of objects can be made even over long distances
- Two lenses provide greater dynamic range than a conventional camera and offer useable images in both normal and low light conditions
- Sturdy and rugged IP65 rated body allows the camera to be placed in harsh conditions without need for additional housing
- Power over Ethernet simplifies installation as only a single cable need be run
- Event outputs include FTP, TCP/IP messaging, Email and ISDN
- VoIP support allows you to use the camera as a video phone or can call you when an event is triggered
- Passive Infrared Sensor reduces false triggers from motion detection alone
- On-board recording eliminates the need for external software/hardware
- All Mobotix cameras can be used on Macintosh operating systems
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Key Features:
- Twin lenses and sensors for day and night viewing
- 90° lenses offer wide field of view
- Maximum resolutions: 2048x1536 (colour), 1280x960 (b/w)
- Digital zoom allows you to enlarge the image in real time
- Power over Ethernet provides simple and quick installation
- On board recording helps to reduce bandwidth usage as data is only sent when necessary
- Onboard storage provides backup in case of recording server failure
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Typical Applications:
The Mobotix M12D is best suited for security applications where images need to be provided in both high and low light conditions. With the megapixel resolution provided by the camera, it is also suited for facial recognition and with its rugged body, can be used effectively in public areas, such as public transport terminals, banks and shop floors.
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Key Technical Indicators:
- Sensor: 1x colour ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor. 1x high sensitive black and white ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor
- Lens: Two 22mm lenses offering 90° wide and 67° high field of view
- Available frame rates: 30ips@640x480, 10ips@1280x960, 4ips@2048x1536
- Available Resolutions: 6 Supported Resolutions: 2048x1536 (3MP, colour sensor only), 1280x960 (1.3MP), 768x576(4CIF PAL), 640x480 (VGA), 320x240, 160x120 pixels
- Compression format: JPEG, Motion JPEG, MxPEG, BMP
- Minimum light level required: Colour: 1lux @ 1/60sec, 0.05lux at 1sec. B/W: 0.1lux at 1/60 sec, 0.005 lux at 1sec
- Number of simultaneous users: Dependant on bandwidth
- Power: Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af Class 1 (3w)
- Dimensions (mm): 175H x 130W x 240D
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Connections:
- Ethernet 10/100 BaseT half/full duplex, RJ-45
- ISDN input
- SD Card slot
- Mx Interface Connector D-Sub 15 HD
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Accessories Included:
- One colour and one black/white sensor and two 22mm super-wide angle lenses
- Secureflex cable managed wall mount with fittings
- Ethernet cable 50cm
- Allen key for tamper-proof fittings
- User manual
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Optional Accessories:
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D22N22 - Datasheet:
Product data sheet: Mobotix M12D (PDF 443k)