Overview of the Axis Camera Station S2216 Appliance
This advanced surveillance appliance is part of the Axis S22 series and features an integrated 16-port Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch and 8TB of storage (2 x 4TB). Compatible with an extensive range of Axis IP cameras and encoders, this rack-mountable unit offers an ideal recording solution for medium-sized installations that require active security monitoring. Additionally, it’s pre-configured and pre-loaded with all the necessary software (including Axis Camera Station 5) to ensure straightforward setup and ease-of-use.
The rack-mountable device also features a powerful CPU for fast data processing and an operating system stored on a Solid State Drive (SSD) - ensuring fast start-up and safeguarding in the event of failure. Capable of recording up to 16 camera channels at up to 384Mbit p/s, this system also supports the connection of up to two monitors via the built-in display port and HDMI output. Additionally, it can display a single 4K resolution image or 4 x 1080p split in live or playback modes (with the use of a 4K resolution monitor).
The included sixteen Axis Camera Station core device licences and pre-loaded ACS 5 software provides users with all the necessary features for a reliable CCTV surveillance system. In addition, support for site map functionality provides a visual overview of the system's layout and responsive pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) control allows easy navigation throughout the camera channels. Camera based video motion detection and tampering alarms are also configurable and can be managed easily to ensure high levels of dynamic scene awareness at all times. Additionally, the software’s visual timeline and video search functions assist in the quick investigation and retrieval of evidence. This data can then be exported manually or at scheduled times to offer the user flexibility when managing their data.
Key features and benefits
- All-in-one recorder delivers reliable, high definition video surveillance
- Simple set up with pre-configured system settings to help reduce installation time
- Built-in 16-port PoE switch delivers Power-Over-Ethernet to a maximum of 16 IP devices
- 8TB of storage (2 x 4TB) offers plenty of capacity for small to medium-sized business applications
- Up to 4K resolution is supported in both live view and playback modes
- Compatible with all Axis cameras and a range of third-party IP devices - suitable for a wide range of applications
- Axis Camera Station 5 (ACS 5) software is pre-installed to provide advanced video management
- 16 x Axis Camera Station 5 core device licences are included
- Up to 16 camera channels can be viewed across two monitors, ideal for workstation surveillance installations
- Audio support enables communication between the user and persons close to the camera (camera model dependant)
- Site map support provides a full overview of all cameras in the system
- Quick and easy retrieval of recordings using visual timeline and video search functions
- All hardware included has a 3-year warranty and on-site replacement service
The feature rich 'all-in-one' surveillance solution, Axis Camera Station S2216 Appliance is ideal for medium-sized applications that feature high levels of activity. Complete with Axis Camera Station 5 video management software and integrated PoE switch, typical applications include supermarkets, schools and warehouses.
- Installation guide
- Power cord
- Rack rails