Overview of the Axis M3016
Part of Axis’ bestselling M30 series, this indoor mini-dome delivers 3MP video at full frame rate. Designed for recessed mounting in drop ceilings, this unobtrusive camera also features Axis Zipstream technology, local recording to MicroSD card and support for Power over Ethernet (POE). Users can remotely access the camera via the free Axis Companion Application – ideal for small businesses.
This camera provides a viewing angle of 132° - allowing a wide area of the scene to be monitored. A handful of imaging technologies are included to help the M3016 deliver clear, high quality video footage. Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology renders details evenly in strong backlit scenes, ensuring objects and individuals can be identified clearly. In addition, Axis Corridor Format is a helpful feature that maximises area coverage and reduces bandwidth in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream.
A range of configurable, camera-based video motion detection alarms are available to help alert users of activity via a choice of notification methods including email. These alarms can also be set to trigger recording to the on-board microSD card (not included) – ensuring all relevant or vital footage is captured.
Users can install the Axis companion application to provide a simple video management solution for up to 16 camera channels. This free software offers remote access to live views as well as playback of recordings and is available as a PC client or mobile application.
Axis Zipstream recognises when there is no movement in the scene and lowers image quality, resulting in an overall reduction in bandwidth and storage requirements. With support for PoE, this camera can receive power and network connectivity over one cable for cost-effective installation.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Unobtrusive, indoor mini-dome can be recess mounted into a ceiling for unobtrusive surveillance
- Offering 3MP resolution up to 30 frames per second – for high quality CCTV footage
- 132° horizontal angle of view allows a wide area of the scene to be captured
- Wide dynamic range ensures the capture of details in high contrast scenes
- Axis Corridor format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes – capturing only what is essential
- Video motion detection methods can be configured to alert users of possible incidents – enhancing security monitoring
- Local storage to MicroSD card (not included) provide a handy standalone solution
- Free Axis Companion Application offers a simple video management for up to 16 IP cameras
- Axis Zipstream technology reduces bandwidth usage by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis M3016 network camera’s compact design makes it an ideal choice for indoor applications that require non-invasive monitoring. Typical applications include Newsagents, Chemists and small stock rooms.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder (1-user licence)