This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P3717-PLE
Overview of the Axis P3707-PE
This versatile network camera by Axis offers a very effective solution for the surveillance of large areas. Its multiple, varifocal camera heads provide variable fields of view including panoramic 360° overviews and capture movement smoothly in HD resolution. Additional features include Axis’ Zipstream technology, edge recording onto MicroSD card and easy installation with Power-over-Ethernet.
The unit comprises of four separate camera lens modules that allow multiple fields of view from any direction to be captured simultaneously. With the option of two different capture modes (1080p or 720p) the user can select the most suitable resolution and viewing angle for each individual camera. The 1080p capture mode provides a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 12.5 frames per second (fps), together with 54° ~ 108° horizontal viewing angles. Alternatively, HD 720p video can be streamed at 25 fps with 36° ~ 67° viewing angles.
All four camera heads can be moved manually along a circular track and feature a tilt range of 28° to 92°, allowing optimum camera positioning to be set. Axis’ Corridor Format is supported and each head can be rotated 90° to provide a vertically orientated video stream. This makes the P3707-PE ideal for positioning at the intersection of narrow scenes such as hallways and aisles.
The camera’s housing is IP67 and IK09 rated, providing durable protection against rain, dust and vandalism attempts. Additionally, the specially designed clear cover has no sharp edges to ensure clear and undistorted viewing in all directions.
Video motion detection methods and tampering alarms can be configured to enhance dynamic scene awareness and help deliver reliable security monitoring. Detection of activity can trigger recording onto the MicroSD card (not included) and send alerts to the user via email notification.
This model is essentially four-cameras-in-one and offers a cost-effective alternative to the implementation of four separate varifocal IP units. Only one network cable is required instead of four and the unit's single IP address requires a singular software licence fee, when run in most video management systems.
Axis’ Zipstream technology is supported and lowers bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%, ensuring that important details in the image are retained in the video stream, while unnecessary data can be removed.
The camera can be ceiling mounted, however other mounting methods will require an additional bracket (please select in the menu above).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Multisensor IP camera features 4 individual varifocal camera heads to enable complete area coverage
- One of two capture modes can be configured for each individual camera - delivering either HD 1080p at 12.5 fps or HD 720p at 25 fps
- Varifocal lenses allow optimum scene coverage to be set during installation (angles of view differ dependent on capture mode choice)
- Camera heads are fitted onto a circular track and can be moved +/-90° for optimum positioning
- Each camera has a tilt range of 28° to 92°, eliminating dead zones
- Axis Corridor Format is supported when camera heads are rotated 90° - optimising the field of view for narrow scenes
- IP67 and IK09 rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to alert users of activity via email notification for reliable monitoring
- A single IP address and only one network cable for all four sensors provides a cost-effective alternative to the deployment of multiple IP cameras
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage – whilst maintaining resolution and frame rate
- Support for PoE supplies power to the camera through the network cable for ease of installation
- Local storage to MicroSD card (not included) provides a back up solution if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis P3707-PE is an advanced multisensor unit with four flexible camera heads that offers a very versatile monitoring solution. With support for 360° overviews as well as detailed surveillance, this unit provides multidirectional surveillance across large areas such as airports, cities and shopping centres.
- RJ45 mounting tool
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu if required):
- PoE midspan
- MicroSD card
- Mounting accessories. Please note: the Axis T94M02D pendent kit is required in addition to each mounting bracket for installation
Demo video of the Axis P3707-PE