This product has been discontinued and replaced by the Sony SNC-EM632R.
Overview of Sony SNC-DH260
The Sony SNC-DH260 is a fixed dome IP security camera well suited to installation in outdoor areas that require a highly detailed monitoring solution, such as airports or mass transit terminals. The SNC-DH260 is equipped with an IP66- and IK10-rated outdoor casing, offering protection from vandals and demanding weather conditions, making it particularly suited to installation in public areas. Utilising the appropriate power supply, the SNC-DH260 also has an integrated heater, allowing it to operate in temperatures well below freezing.
The SNC-DH260 is capable of providing a full HD 1080p image, making it suitable for mission critical applications where the monitoring of extremely busy environments or facial identification is required. Alongside this, the SNC-DH260 has integrated infrared lighting and a black-and-white infrared-sensitive filter. In extremely poor conditions, the camera switches from a colour image to this black and white image, offering a 24-hour surveillance solution (effective 20m minimum with built-in infrared lighting). Combined with DEPA technology from Sony, the camera offers an intelligent video solution that can detect movement or attempts to tamper with the camera in almost any lighting conditions.
As well as this, the SNC-DH260 provides some features to aid installation. Easy Zoom and Easy Focus simplify the optimisation of image quality once the camera is put in place, and Power over Ethernet technology allows a network connection and power to be supplied to the camera through a single cable, offering greater flexibility in the placement of the camera and simplifying installation. Combined with the included Sony RealShot Manager Lite software, this makes the SNC-DH260 an effective out of the box monitoring solution.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
Key features & benefits of Sony SNC-DH260
- HD 1080p image quality is suitable for mission critical applications such as entrance monitoring or facial identification
- IP66- and IK10-rated outdoor casing provides an effective deterrent from vandals and demanding weather conditions
- Sony's DEPA technology uses intelligent motion detection to inform you of any attempts to tamper with the camera, or of any untoward motion in the camera's field of view
- Built-in heater enables continued operation in extreme cold
- Provides a round-the-clock surveillance solution using a built-in black-and-white infrared-sensitive filter and infrared lighting (effective up to 15 m)
- Stream Squared function streams two 4:3 aspect ratio feeds simultaneously, making the SNC-DH260 a viable alternative to two standard definition cameras (on supported recording platforms only)
- Easy Zoom and Easy Focus features simplify installation
- Power over Ethernet offers a one cable solution for both power and network connectivity
- Included RealShot Manager Lite software provides an out of the box solution for playback and recording, no additional software is required
Typical applications of Sony SNC-DH260
The SNC-DH260 is ideal for deployment in outdoor areas that require high image quality but might be prone to vandalism, such as bus and train stations or public spaces
Included accessories for Sony SNC-DH260
- CD-ROM (User’s Guide, SNC Toolbox, RSM-Lite)
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- Wire rope
- M4 screw