This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see ATEX-Rated IP Cameras
Overview of the Axis XP40-Q1942
- Offers 640x480 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 fps
- 19mm thermal sensor offering a horizontal viewing angle of 32°
- ATEX-Certified and housed in a 316L stainless steel casing
- 360° endless pan and 90° tilt capabilities
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: 475 x 512 x 480 mm
This advanced ATEX-Certified model from Axis features a 19mm thermal sensor that offers a 32° horizontal field of view and is enclosed in a robust 316L stainless steel housing – making it suitable for reliable detection in extreme environments that feature a high risk of fire or explosions. High-performance pan and tilt capabilities enable precise navigation across wide outdoor locations; whilst support for Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) allows the download of sophisticated analytics applications from both Axis and third-party developers to help deliver high-level security surveillance in hazardous locations.
The robust IP67-rated casing also meets the ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD standard, meaning it can contain internal explosions and prevent sparks from escaping the device – making it safe and suitable for installation in high-risk areas such as petrochemical plants.
This advanced camera delivers reliable 640 x 480 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps) and its 19mm thermal sensor provides a horizontal viewing angle of 32°. Variable pan/tilt movements, alongside an endless 360° pan and 90° tilt functionality, allow users to navigate quickly and precisely across large scenes; whilst Guard Tours and preset positions can be configured to ensure specific areas of interest, such as perimeter lines, are monitored throughout the day and night.
Providing a high-quality thermal imaging solution for hazardous locations, this model enables high-level detection of objects – even in darkness, smoke or fog. In addition, thanks to a combination of dynamic histogram equalisation, enhanced local contrast and dynamic sharpening, image contrast is improved for the delivery of sharp video in all lighting conditions. Thermal imaging cameras are also less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions and when compared to non-thermal network cameras, they achieve a reduced rate of false alarms and higher levels of accuracy. Electronic image stabilisation is supported and helps to deliver continuously smooth video quality where the camera is subject to vibrations.
The advanced model offers a high level of integration with external devices, such as access control and fire alarms, helping to create a comprehensive security solution alongside the variety of configurable video motion detection methods available for reliable alarm signalling. The camera is also compatible with Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) which enables the installation of applications from Axis or third-party developers, such as virtual trip wire, loitering alarm and many other intrusion detection applications.
Integrated MicroSD storage provides a handy backup of data in the event of network failure and sophisticated video management is possible through integration with high-performance video management software applications such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect.
With a weather-resistant, stainless steel 316L housing, this IP camera is built to endure the most demanding environments, including onshore and offshore applications, such as marine or heavy industrial locations.
Please note: this advanced unit must be installed and configured by an ATEX-Certified installer and does not come with a power supply (please select from the dropdown menu if required).
Key features & benefits
- ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD IP camera enclosed in a stainless steel 316L housing
- Delivers 640 x 480 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 frames per second
- 19mm thermal sensor offers a 32° horizontal field of view
- IP67-rated casing for durable use in external locations
- 360° endless pan and 90° tilt allow users to easily navigate across wide hazardous scenes
- Thermal technology for reduced false alarm rate
- Video motion detection methods can be configured to alert users of possible incidents in real-time
- Support for ACAP enables the use of powerful analytics applications
- Edge storage provides a handy data backup if the network fails
This high-performance, ATEX-Certified unit offers reliable monitoring for locations that are exposed to the most demanding conditions. Typical applications include shipping docks, oil refineries and petrochemical plants.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Axis Surveillance microSDXC card 64GB
Optional (select from the dropdown menu):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - Axis ExCam XP40 wall mount