This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q3538-LVE
Overview of the Axis Q3517-LV
This high-performance dome IP camera by Axis delivers smooth 5MP resolution at full frame rate, complete with true day/night recording and up to 40m of infrared (IR) illumination. Its IK10-rated, vandal-resistant housing provides robust protection in exposed indoor areas and a selection of advanced imaging technologies are also supported for clear image capture – in any lighting condition. Additional features include edge storage and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The unit’s varifocal lens provides wide horizontal views (up to 96°) and allows the desired viewing angle to be easily set during installation. Multi-view streaming is also supported which allows a maximum of 8 areas in the camera's field of view to be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording – ideal when closely monitoring areas of interest.
Built-in IR LEDs provide up to 40m of night vision, while Axis' OptimisedIR technology ensures an evenly illuminated image by automatically adapting the angle of illumination to the zoom level set. Imaging technologies such as Forensic WDR ensure the capture of details in high contrast scenes, whilst Axis’ Lightfinder provides full colour viewing in ambient light extremes. In addition, Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is also included and helps to reduce the effects of camera movement from wind or vibrations.
Two-way communication is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included) via the integrated audio I/O ports. Various audio, motion detection and tampering alarms can be used alongside connected external devices to trigger alarms, start recording to the on-board microSD card (not included) and also alert users of activity via email notification.
Installation is simplified by a handful of features including support for PoE, as well as remote zoom and focus which eliminates the need for hands-on fine tuning. The camera also features Axis' Zipstream technology which analyses the video in real-time and continuously optimises the stream. Details deemed more important are maintained in the stream and unnecessary data is removed - lowering bandwidth and storage requirements by up to 50%.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers 5MP resolution at up to 25 frames per second (WDR on), or 4MP at a maximum of 50 fps (WDR off)
- Integrated IR-cut filter provides true day/night functionality for round-the-clock monitoring of indoor areas
- Tough, IK10-rated housing offers robust protection in locations where camera tampering may occur
- Varifocal lens allows the viewing angle to be adjusted during installation for optimum scene capture
- Multiple sections of the original image can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multi-view streaming
- Up to 40m OptimisedIR night vision for clear CCTV monitoring in darkness
- Forensic WDR enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Axis' Lightfinder technology can deliver full colour images in extreme low light conditions
- Narrow scenes are monitored effectively using Axis Corridor Format that vertically orientates the video stream
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- Configurable audio, video motion detection and tampering alarms help to enhance security monitoring
- External devices can be connected via I/O port terminal block for enhanced alarm signalling
- Remote zoom and focus, pixel counter, auto rotation and levelling assistant features help to simplify installation
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Edge recording to MicroSD card (not included) provides a data back up in the event of network failure
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
The Axis Q3517-LV dome IP camera is a high-performance choice for businesses requiring detailed monitoring of exposed indoor locations – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include airports, large shopping centres and manufacturing warehouses.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Drill hole template
- Cable gaskets
- I/O and DC connectors
- Connector guard
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Mounting bracket
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top