Overview of the Axis P1245
This modular IP camera combines the Axis P12 Mk II main unit and a separate Axis FA1105 sensor unit to deliver unobtrusive surveillance of indoor locations in HD resolution. The camera can be installed easily via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and also includes edge storage, Zipstream technology and remote access via the and supported VMS (and the free Axis Companion application).
The thumb-sized sensor unit captures clear HD 1080p resolution images at full frame rate and offers a wide horizontal view of 111°. It’s designed to be mounted in locations with very limited space and when used with the included flush mount bracket, can be easily fitted behind a metal, glass or plastic panel. For flexible installation options, the sensor can also be placed up to 8m away from the main unit using the included detachable cable.
Images captured in high contrast scenes are improved with wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals can be more easily identified. Axis Corridor Format is also included to maximise the area of interest in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream and preventing redundant areas from being recorded.
Users can install the Axis Companion application to provide a simple video management solution for up to 16 IP camera channels. This free software provides remote access to live views as well as playback of recordings and is available as a PC client or mobile application.
Various video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to alert users of activity via email whilst also triggering recording to edge storage. Alerts can also be sent directly to the user’s mobile device via the Axis Companion mobile application.
Axis' Zipstream technology is also included to help lower bandwidth and storage requirements. It does this by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out. In addition, support for PoE allows both power and network connectivity to be supplied to the camera over a single cable - simplifying installation.
Key features & benefits
- Modular IP camera consists of the Axis P12 Mk II unit and thumb-sized Axis FA1105 sensor
- Capable of delivering HD 1080p resolution at 25 frames per second, providing high-quality CCTV footage
- Ultra-compact sensor unit can be installed in very tight spaces – providing an unobtrusive monitoring solution
- Detachable cable allows users to place the main unit up to 8m away from the sensor unit - offering flexible installation options
- WDR – Forensic Capture optimises the image and ensures all details are visible in high-contrast scenes
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream – allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Free Axis Companion application provides simple video management for up to 16 IP cameras
- Security monitoring is enhanced with a range of configurable, camera-based video motion detection alarms
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award-winning Zipstream technology
- Local storage to MicroSD card (not included) provides a handy standalone solution
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis P1245 modular IP camera offers a flexible and unobtrusive surveillance solution in areas with tight spaces where a traditional CCTV camera may not be suitable. Typical applications include ATMs and cash-handling areas such as bank tellers and cashier desks.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- AVHS Authentication key
- 8m black cable
- 2 x locking nut
- Flush mount bracket
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessory included
- Ceiling mounting - accessory included
- Multiple mounting - Axis TF1902-RE