Overview of the Axis M5074
- Delivers HD 720p resolution video at up to 60 frames per second
- Varifocal lens offers views between 14° and 71°
- Axis analytics included
- Free mobile application
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: Ø 130 x 63 mm
This palm-sized dome camera from Axis packs a range of features into a compact form factor. Capturing HD 720p resolution video at up to 60 frames per second (fps), this unit is ideal for high-traffic indoor environments and its full PTZ capabilities allow it to give full coverage of the area. The camera’s built-in microphone enables users to listen in to and record audio in the surrounding area for even more comprehensive monitoring. Additional features include Zipstream compression technology, WDR and audio analytics.
Equipped with a varifocal lens, this camera’s field of view can be set between 14° - 71° at installation. The unit also features 179° panning capabilities, 90° tilt, 5x optical and 12x digital zoom – Allowing the unit to sweep across a wide area and focus in on objects of interest. Zipstream compression technology is also included to preserve important forensic detail whilst lowering bandwidth and optimising storage capacity. Moreover, the free Axis Companion Application is available via PC or as a mobile application and provides simple video management and remote viewing for up to 16 cameras.
To ensure the clearest footage is captured, even in challenging conditions, the camera includes a range of advanced imaging technologies. Autofocus uses built-in sensors to adjust the focus and ensure that the video is always sharp. Video captured in high-contrast scenes is improved and details are more easily identified with WDR technology. Furthermore, round-the-clock recording is available thanks to the automatic IR-cut filter.
For intelligent and comprehensive surveillance, a range of analytics is available. In addition to standard motion and tampering detection alarms, the camera can also utilise its built-in microphone for audio analytics, including scream detection – alerting users via email notification to any loud noises or screams in the camera’s vicinity. If users would prefer to tailor their analytics solution, Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) has a selection of custom analytics available to download.
Data is kept secure with edge storage – allowing a backup to be written to the onboard SD card (card not included), ensuring all footage is saved in the event of network loss. This camera is compatible with Axis Camera Station video management software, allowing users to manage all their Axis products on a single system. Alternatively, the camera can also be managed using Milestone XProtect, ideal for those with an existing Milestone setup.
Designed for straightforward installation, the Axis M5074 supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), supplying power and network connection to the camera through one cable. The unit is also IP51-rated, making it ideal for deployment in areas exposed to water or dust. Additionally, installation aids such as a levelling assistant and pixel counter are available to ease setup and ensure that the optimum camera positioning is set.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Captures video in HD 720p resolution at up to 60fps
- Full PTZ capabilities with 179° pan, 90° tilt, 5x optical and 12x digital zoom
- Views between 14° - 71° can be set at installation with the varifocal lens
- One-way audio is available via the integrated microphone
- Zipstream compression technology reduces bandwidth and saves on storage capacity
- Users can remotely access the camera via the free Axis Companion Application
- Autofocus ensures that footage is always sharp and in focus
- WDR retains the level of detail across images with high-contrast lighting
- True day/night capability enables 24-hour monitoring of indoor locations
- Motion, tampering, and audio analytics are available to alert users of activity in the camera’s vicinity
- ACAP enables users to download custom analytics to tailor their solution
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card (not included)
- PoE support delivers both power and network over a single cable
- IP51-rated casing protects the unit from dust and water
- Installation is made simple with features such as levelling assistant and pixel counter
This small and feature-packed camera is suitable for indoor areas requiring full coverage and intelligent analytics such as leisure centres, town halls and arcades.
- Axis M50 mounting kit
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top