Overview of the Axis M3086-V
- Provides detailed 4 megapixel resolution video at up to 30fps
- 2.4mm fixed lens offers wide-angle views of 130°
- Easy manual adjustment of lens with 175° pan and 80° tilt
- Axis Zipstream technology for compression optimisation
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: Ø 56 x 101 mm
Packing a lot of punch and providing a cost-effective high resolution indoor surveillance solution, the Axis M3086-V delivers clear 4MP resolution video at up to 30 frames per second (fps) – ideal to provide monitoring in retail or cash handling applications. This compact camera features a deep learning processing unit (DLPU) and has Axis’ highly effective Axis Object Analytics (AOA) integrated for advanced detection and classification of objects. The intuitive object analytics improve scene awareness by classifying objects (humans, vehicles), categorising vehicles (car, bus, truck, bike), and allowing users to set event triggers based on these classifications. Additional features include support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), Lightfinder technology and impact protection.
Featuring a 2.4 mm lens, the M3086-V offers horizontal views of 130° which enables users to view a wide scene. Ideal for areas prone to dust and small amounts of water, the camera’s robust housing is IP42-rated. The unit is also IK08-rated, allowing it to withstand up to 5 joules of impact. Additionally, support for audio devices via Portcast technology allows two-way communication and recorded audio.
To ensure the camera captures clear footage in a range of lighting conditions, several imaging technologies are included. The unit can capture full-colour images, even in near-darkness using Axis' Lightfinder technology. Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology improves captured footage by compensating for bright backlighting and shadows in a scene to ensure individuals and objects are clearly visible throughout the image. When a moving object is nearby or approaching the camera, motion-adaptive exposure reduces motion blur to maintain video clarity.
As well as providing intelligent object detection, this camera also features configurable video motion detection alarms that can be set to trigger recording to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) and inform users of activity via email notifications. If a more tailored analytics solution is needed, download custom analytics for the Axis Camera Application Platform. This platform contains a library of analytics for a range of applications.
The free Axis Companion Application offers basic video management for up to 16 camera channels via PC or mobile device. This handy software also provides remote access to the camera. For larger installations, a licence can be purchased for Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect to provide more advanced video viewing, playback and management. Support for edge storage is also included and recordings can be written to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) - providing a helpful and easily playable backup of data if the network fails.
Designed for simple and non-invasive installation, the camera's lens position can be adjusted using the 175° pan and 80° tilt capabilities, enabling the installer to set the required view easily. Support for power and network connectivity through PoE also enables simple installation by delivering power and network over one cable. Furthermore, Zipstream compression technology uses intelligent algorithms to reduce bandwidth without compromising bitrate or video quality – saving on storage space.
Key features & benefits
- Captures clear 4MP resolution video at up to 30fps
- 2.4mm lens provides wide-angle views of 130°
- DLPU enables intelligent analytics such as Axis Object Analytics
- IP42 and IK08-rated casing protects the camera from dust, water and impacts
- The unit can provide two-way audio when a microphone and speaker are connected via Portcast technology
- Lightfinder delivers full-colour video in low light conditions
- WDR ensures the capture of foreground details in high-contrast or backlit scenes
- Near and approaching objects can be captured clearly with reduced motion blur thanks to motion-adaptive exposure
- Edge recording and email notifications can be triggered with video motion detection and object detection
- Users can customise their analytics using the Axis Camera Application Platform
- Built-in edge storage (SD card not included) provides a backup of data in case of network failure
- Straightforward adjustment with 175° pan and 80° tilt
- Support for PoE allows the camera to receive power and network connection over a single cable
- Zipstream technology reduces bandwidth and storage costs without compromising video quality
Small and affordable, this mini dome from Axis makes use of a DLPU to provide intelligent analytics - making it ideal for busy indoor areas that need to keep track of people or deter trespassing and theft such as retail stores, leisure centres and schools.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
Back To Top