Overview of the Axis Camera Station S1296 Recorder
- Supports 96 camera channels at up to 4MP
- Available with 96TB or 192TB storage
- Axis Camera Station licences included
- Built-in cybersecurity features
- Axis 5-year warranty
Part of the secure and highly scalable S12 NVR series, the Axis S1296 rack recorder is the largest capacity NVR in this range, providing an advanced recording solution for up to 96 4MP resolution cameras (separately expandable up to 150). Available in 96TB and 192TB variants, this recorder is ideal for use in large-scale installations requiring the management of many cameras and a large storage capacity. Equipped with a FIPS 140-2 level 2 certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM), this recorder complies with government policies and keeps video data secure and encrypted, reducing the possibility of unauthorised access.
With fast and reliable processing power thanks to the Intel Xeon Silver processor and its operating system stored on a solid-state drive (SSD) for greater failure prevention and quicker boot time, the S1296 offers a dependable recording solution. For further failure prevention, the unit has built-in operating system recovery, allowing data to be quickly recovered if the system crashes. This NVR is also equipped with RAID level 6 and support for levels 0, 1, 5 and 10, for added redundancy that is easy to expand as your system grows. Furthermore, three USB ports and two VGA display ports, enable the connection of peripherals to make this into a standalone system that negates the need for an additional PC.
Preloaded with 96 Axis Camera Station Licences and all software pre-configured, it is straightforward to set this system up. With easy scalability, additional licences can be added for up to 150 cameras, assuring users that their installation can continue to grow. Managing and sharing video on an external device is also possible with a USB export option, allowing users to share data with colleagues or store it on a USB device.
Motion and tampering detection can be set and configured for each connected camera, directly on the recorder, allowing events and alarms to be triggered, or email notifications to be sent, if activity is detected around any of the cameras. Users can use Axis Site Map and the responsive pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) controls to navigate across all camera channels, making it easier to monitor multiple areas.
A dedicated installation wizard guides users through the setup process, to help eliminate installation problems and get the system up and running as quickly as possible. Two redundant power supplies are supported to safeguard data and keep the system functioning in the event of power failure. Moreover, extensive support from both Axis and NW, as well as a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty, give users added peace of mind for years to come.
Key features & benefits
- Includes 96 ACS licences for cameras up to 4MP and is expandable to 150 channels
- 96TB and 192TB variants available
- All software is pre-configured
- Built-in TPM keeps data safe from unauthorised access
- Features an Intel Xeon Silver processor for rapid processing power
- Operating system is stored on an SSD for quick boot and added failure prevention
- Multiple RAID levels supported for redundancy protection even as the system grows
- 3 x USB and 2 x VGA ports allow external devices to be connected for a standalone solution
- USB video export is available to share video and store it on external devices
- Motion and tampering detection for each camera can be managed centrally on the recorder
- Navigate across all camera channels with Site Map and responsive PTZ controls
- Installation wizard and Axis recorder toolbox make setup straightforward
- Ongoing support is available from both Axis and NW
Advanced and reliable, the Axis S1296 is ideal for use in large-scale installations that require a highly secure and scalable recording solution such as factories, zoos and city surveillance.
- installation guide
- Dell Ready Rails 2U Sliding Rails
- 2x C13 to C14 power cords for rack PDU (Wall plug power cords are not included)
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
Back To Top
- Axis jog dial
- Axis keypad
- Axis joystick
- T8508 PoE+ switch