Overview of the Veracity VLS-LS-B8
This Veracity Longspan base unit provides PoE connectivity for up to 8 cameras over distances up to 850m whilst retaining bandwidth and image quality. A cost-effective alternative to eight separate Longspan base units, this media converter is compatible with Longspan and Longspan Max camera units and features an integrated network switch – reducing the number of components required. Installation is fully automatic and requires no configuration or maintenance, and connection status can be checked via the SafeView LED indicators. Ideal for large-scale installations that require long-range power and network connections, this base unit is equipped with a cooling fan that automatically switches on at higher power loads – reducing the risk of overheating. Furthermore, up to 4 units can be rack-mounted together using the additional Veracity 1U kit (sold separately), allowing up to 32 devices to be connected per U.
Please note: Two versions of this device are available: This is the base model (switch side) which transmits the network signal. Several client units which connect to the remote device are also available including VLS-LSM-C, Quad VLS-LSM-C4 and VLS-1P-C. Additionally, this unit does not come with a power supply. To add a power supply, please select one from the dropdown menu.
Key features & benefits
- Provides power and ethernet connection over distances of up to 850m
- Equipped with eight IP camera ports (4 x 70W and 4 x 30W ports)
- Compatible with Longspan and Longspan Max client units
- Fully automatic configuration – simple to set up
- SafeView LEDs instantly indicate power and connection status
- Automatic cooling fan is triggered at higher power loads to prevent overheating
- Up to 4 units are rack-mountable using an additional mounting kit
Offering PoE connection up to 850m, without compromising image or connection quality, for up to 8 cameras, this Veracity Longspan base unit is ideal for large-scale CCTV installations with many cameras needed at a distance from each other, such as banks, office buildings and shopping centres.
Back To Top