Overview of the Veracity Highwire Powerstar VHW-HWPS-B8-LL (base unit)
The Veracity VHW-HWPS-B8-LL is an 8-channel base unit that, when combined with Veracity VHW-HWPS-C client units, will allow users to power a total of eight IP cameras over existing coaxial cabling. It offers the same capabilities as the Highwire Powerstar Base 8, with the helpful addition of Veracity's LINKLOCK technology.
By constantly monitoring the Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) connection and data transmissions, LINKLOCK technology detects disconnection/reconnection or tampering throughout any part of the cabling between the Base unit and the IP camera. Suitable for externally mounted IP cameras, LINKLOCK will disconnect power and data per channel if any interruptions are detected - providing a secure barrier against unauthorised access into your network.
This unit provides a cost-effective and secure solution for delivering PoE - without the need for new cabling or a local power source. Requiring one main switch port or four network ports when rack-mounted, this unit is capable of delivering up to 200Mbit/s of bandwidth and power-over-coax at up to 300m (RG-59) or 500m (RG-11).
Please note: this device does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers video data and PoE/PoE+ to a maximum of eight connected IP devices via the co-axial video cable
- LINKLOCK technology provides secure, tamper-proof network connections over coax
- Automatically connects to a wide range of cameras with simplified configuration
- Provides network connection up to a distance of 500m
- Power is delivered through the network connection with no need for a local power source
- Supports both standard and high Power-over-Ethernet
The Veracity Highwire Powerstar Base 8 LINKLOCK eight-channel base unit with LINKLOCK 'tamper-detection' can be used to replace legacy video encoders in medium to large CCTV systems - whilst allowing existing coax cabling to be kept.
Back To Top