Overview of the Raytec Vario2 IP PoE w8-1
When used alongside a network camera, this IP66-rated white-light illuminator provides a dedicated lighting source and enhances night-time video surveillance in outdoor locations. The unit is fully manageable through the Vario IP web interface and features support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), allowing it to be integrated easily into any pre-existing IP system.
Its powerful white-light beam is ideal as a deterrent for any would-be intruders, illuminating a scene at an angle of up to 120° or a maximum distance of 180m (at 10°). Three interchangeable holographic lens inserts are included, allowing the user to set the most appropriate beam angle and illumination range for their needs. If a wider beam angle is desired, optional 80° and 120° lens inserts are also available (please select from the dropdown menu).
By taking advantage of Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) this unit can produce highly diffused, elliptical beam shapes over longer distances – ensuring light is delivered to where it is most needed. All the while minimising light wastage and preventing the overexposure of foreground objects.
The integrated web application offers a host of advanced features and enables access to the device from anywhere on the network, allowing users to respond instantly to live events. In addition, all illuminators can be centrally managed either independently or in groups of up to 16 – beneficial in larger setups.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 IP PoE w8-1:
|10 x 10°
||290m at 10°
||144m at 10°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)
||150m at 35°
||76m at 35°
|60 x 25°
||86m at 60°
||40m at 60°
|80° x 30°
||63m at 80°
||30m at 80°
|120° x 50°
||41m at 120°
||20m at 120°
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- White-light LED illuminator helps deliver full-colour CCTV surveillance in areas with insufficient lighting
- IP66-rated housing offers protection against harsh weather conditions
- Can be remotely accessed through the network – reducing site visits and costs
- White-light beam provides a deterrent against intruders at a maximum distance of 180m
- Included lens inserts allow the most effective illumination angle for a scene to be set
- Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) generates longer illumination distances and prevents over-exposure
- Support for both power and network connectivity through PoE simplifies installation
- Vario web interface offers a range of advanced settings and allows users to respond to live events in real-time
- Units can be controlled individually or in groups (up to 16) - ideal for CCTV systems with multiple cameras
The Vario2 IP PoE w8-1 network white-light illuminator from Raytec enhances light levels and allows IP cameras to capture full-colour video of outdoor locations at night. Often used as a visual deterrent, typical applications include large car parks, warehouses and university campuses.
- 10°, 35° and 60° lenses
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu if required):
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- 80° or 120° lens