Overview of the Raytec Vario2 PoE w8-1
Part of the Vario2 series from Raytec, this outdoor-ready white-light illuminator can be deployed alongside an IP camera to enhance night-time surveillance. The compact unit also features Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) and with support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), installation is made even easier.
Suitable for use as a visual deterrent to potential trespassers, this illuminator produces a white-light beam which can illuminate a location at an angle of up to 120° or a maximum distance of 180m (at 10°). Three interchangeable holographic lens inserts are included - allowing users to set the most appropriate beam angle and illumination range for their needs. In addition, optional 80° or 120° lens inserts are also available if a wider angle is required (see dropdown menu).
The unit can deliver enhanced illumination in a highly-diffused, elliptical beam to where it is required – thanks to Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT). This also helps to generate further illumination distances, whilst preventing overexposure of foreground objects. The combination of Platinum Elite SMT LED technology and an enhanced Cool Running thermal management system, makes this white-light model a powerful and reliable illuminator choice.
With support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), this illuminator can be plugged directly into the network infrastructure – receiving power via a standard Ethernet cable for simplified installation. An additional Vario remote control is available (please select from the dropdown menu) to allow fine-tuning from the ground.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 w8-1:
|10 x 10°
||180m at 10°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)
||95m at 35°
|60 x 25°
||50m at 60°
|80° x 30°
||35m at 80°
|120° x 50°
||25m at 120°
Please note: a power supply is not included with this illuminator, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- White-light LED illuminator helps deliver full-colour CCTV surveillance in areas with insufficient lighting
- Outdoor-ready housing is IP66-rated – allowing it to be safely deployed in external areas
- White-light beam provides a visual deterrent against intruders at a maximum distance of 180m
- Choice of lens inserts allow users to select the most effective beam angle and illumination range to meet their needs
- Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) generates longer illumination distances and prevents over-exposure
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
- Optional Vario remote control enables easy fine-tuning from the ground
The Raytec Vario2 PoE w8-1 white-light illuminator can be used in conjunction with an IP camera to deliver full-colour CCTV round-the-clock; in outdoor locations that may require a visual deterrent. Typical applications include loading bays, bus stations and car parks.
- 10°, 35° and 60° Vario holographic lens inserts
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- Raytec Vario remote control
- Raytec Vario 80° or 120° holographic lens inserts