This product is no longer available. Its replacement is the Sony SNC-DH180.
The Sony SNC-DM160 IP camera is a ruggedised mini dome network camera housed in an IP66-rated, vandal resistant casing with a 1.3 megapixel resolution, bi-directional audio communication, automatic day/night switching, PoE connectivity and intelligent video analytics based on Sony’s DEPA technology platform.
Sony’s new range of megapixel cameras are designed with security in mind and none more so than the SNC-DM160. Outdoor-ready, the camera comes housed in a heavy duty IP66-rated casing which makes the camera vandal-resistant and suitable for installation in outdoor environments. It’s small size also makes it unobtrusive, ideal for unobtrusive monitoring. With its 1.3 megapixel progressive scan sensor, images are captured at a maximum resolution of 1280x960 pixels at speeds up to 30 images per second (at VGA or lower). Progressive scan display delivers sharper images with less motion blurring/tearing you would expect from traditional interlace sensors. For high levels of sensitivity the imaging sensor also includes Sony’s ExwavePRO technology allowing the camera to produce useful colour images in lighting conditions as low as 0.8 lux. Of course, the Sony SNC-DM160 is also a true day/night camera so it can be set to automatically swap to infrared sensitive monochrome video at night giving usable black and white images at 0.15 lux or less with additional infrared lighting (not supplied). Bi-directional audio is also included allowing the user to not only listen-in to sounds at the camera’s location but also communicate interactively with people near the camera, all from a remote location. Advanced features include Sony’s Light Funnel technology which drops the resolution to 640x480 (VGA) but increases the sensitivity by a factor of 3 without reducing the shutter speed. Intelligent video analytics based on Sony’s DEPA technology platform allow the intelligent features of the camera to combine with the rules/filters contained in DEPA supported recording solutions to determine how and when images are stored. Easy to install, the camera is Power over Ethernet compliant which makes it quick and easy to mount in any indoor/outdoor location and the camera’s ball-joint lens mount, analogue output and focusing tool aid lens positioning and focus at point of install. Like all IP cameras offered on www.networkwebcams.co.uk, the Sony SNC-DM160 has a built-in web server and can be viewed over a Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This camera does not include a power supply. Please select one from the options above.
Sony SNC-DM160 - Key benefits:
- Outdoor-ready, tough vandal-resistant casing provides outdoor solution to security surveillance monitoring. Mount in any outdoor location prone to vandalism or attack
- 1.3 megapixel resolution provides large, highly-detailed images as well as wide field of view.
- Intelligent motion detection uses advanced motion detection algorithms to minimise the number of false alarms. This saves on bandwidth and storage requirements
- Automatic day/night switching provides high quality images 24 hours a day.
- Easy to install with IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet connectivity, ball-joint lens positioning and analogue output with quick focus adjustment feature
Sony SNC-DM160 - Key features:
- Ruggedised, vandal-resistant, outdoor ready casing (IP66), ideal for installations outdoors in areas prone to vandalism
- 1.3 megapixel resolution for large, high quality images at up to 1280x960 pixels
- ExwavePRO offers high levels of sensitivity providing useable colour images at 0.8 lux
- Light funnel features reduces resolution to 640x480 but increases brightness by a factor of 3 without reducing shutter speed
- Automatic day/night switching provides around the clock surveillance
- Analogue output allows for easy lens focusing and positioning with hand-held monitor tools at point of install
- Sony’s ball-joint lens mechanism allows for easy adjustment of lens position
- Bi-directional audio support provides two-way, interactive communication between the camera user and people at the camera’s location
- Voice alert function allows uploaded sound files to be played based on camera alarm. External speakers required (not supplied)
- Intelligent motion detection utilizes an advanced video motion detection algorithm to effectively reduce the number of false alarms generated
- Intelligent video analytics based on Sony’s DEPA technology platform allows the camera to identify unattended objects left in a scene such as a bag in an airport or conversely, detect when an object has been removed from a scene such as a valuable painting from an art gallery
- Solid PTZ and digital cropping features allow sections of the live view to be cropped to minimize bandwidth usage or simply to provide emphasis on monitored areas. Smaller cropped areas can be digitally manipulated in real-time and working in conjunction with motion detection a cropped area can be configured to automatically follow a moving target
- Date/time overlay function provides date/time data to each image produced, useful for identifying when an event took place or for evidence purposes
- Privacy zone masking allows up to seven areas to be hidden from view to protect personal or sensitive information
Sony SNC-DM160 - Typical applications:
- Suitable for around the clock surveillance in outdoor installations which could be prone to vandalism or attack such as prisons, schools, colleges, shopping malls, parking lots, train stations etc.
Sony SNC-DM160 - Key technical indicators:
- Compression format: Simultaneous MJPEG and MPEG-4
- Image sensor: 1/3-type Progressive Scan CCD with ExwavePRO technology, number of effective pixels: 1,250,000
- Lens: 3.6x optical zoom Vari-focal lens 2.8-10mm, F1.3(wide), F3.0 (tele), horizontal viewing angle: 100.8° to 27°
- Supported resolutions: JPEG: 1280x960, 960x720, 768x576, 640x480, 384x288, 320x240 MPEG-4: 640x480, 384x288, 320x240
- Maximum frame-rate: 30 frames per second (at 640x480), 15fps (at 1280x960, 768x576)
- Min. illumination: Color: 0.8 lux (50IRE, F1.3, AGC 30dB), Black and white: 0.15lx (50IRE, F1.3, AGC 30dB)
- Exposure control: auto/backlight compensation/gamma settings
- Number of simultaneous users: up to 10
- External sensors: 1 input, 2 relay outputs
- Protocols supported: TCP/IP, HTTP, ICMP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, SNMP, DNS, NTP, RTP/RTCP, UDP
- Security: Multi-level password protection, IEEE802.1x port-based network access control
- Power: 24V AC, 12V DC, IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Power consumption: 15W Max.
- Dimensions: 166mm (diameter) x 119mm (high)
- Weight: 1.4kg (3lb 1oz)
- Operating temperatures: -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F)
Sony SNC-DM160 - Connections:
- Network: Ethernet (10Base-T/100Base-TX)
- Analog video output: BNC x 1, 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms, RCA x 1
- I/O port: Sensor in x 1, alarm out x 2
- External microphone: Mini-jack x1, (Mic in: monaural, 2.2Kohm, DC2.5v plug-in power
- Input/line input: Line in: monaural
- Audio line output: Mini-jack (monaural), max output level: 1Vrms
Sony SNC-DM160 - Accessories included:
- CD-ROM including user’s guide, IP setup program, audio upload tool, privacy masking tool, video player and customer homepage installer)
- Installation manual
- M4 screws (4x)
- Wire rope
- M4 shoulder screw
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- LAN cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
Sony SNC-DM160 - Datasheet:
Product Specification: Sony SNC-DM160 1.3 Megapixel Vandal Resistant Fixed Dome Network Camera (PDF 355KB)