Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DF8236IX-AELW
This versatile PTZ network camera from Hikvision is capable of delivering 2 megapixel resolution at full frame rate, complete with true day/night capability and up to 200m of infrared night vision. An ideal choice for monitoring wide outdoor locations, this IP67-rated unit features full pan/tilt functionality and a powerful 36x optical zoom for detailed investigation into regions of interest. Additional features include support for Hikvision's free iVMS-4200 video management software (VMS) and straightforward installation via Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology is supported, enabling details in scenes with high contrast lighting to be viewed clearly. Various video motion detection alarms can be configured to alert users of activity via notifications such as email. Users can also set these alarms to trigger actions such as moving the camera directly to a pre-set location - ensuring all relevant footage is captured. The unit also features integrated alarm and audio I/O ports which allow users to connect external devices that can help to enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as two way audio. Additionally, this model is fitted with a silicone wiper which helps to remove water or dirt that collects on the surface of the lens cover – ensuring clearer vision in challenging environments.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Full pan/tilt functionality and 36x optical zoom for detailed examination of the scene
- Capable of delivering smooth, 2 megapixel resolution at 30 frames per second
- True day/night recording enables 24-hour surveillance of outdoor areas
- Integrated infrared LEDs illuminate up to a distance of 200m
- Tough, IP67-rated casing with built-in wiper for self-cleaning
- Horizontal viewing angle of 59.8° allowing a wide area of scene to be captured
- WDR technology retains the level of detail across images with high contrast lighting
- Low-light images have less noise and require less bandwidth with 3D noise reduction
- Enhanced scene awareness with configurable video motion detection alarms
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded
- Recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE+ enables simple installation
- Free remote access to live video and playback of recordings via Hikvision's iVMS-4200 Video Management Software
- Dimensions: Φ 266.6 x 410mm
- PoE consumption: 50W
- Warranty: 3 years
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DF8225IX-AELW PTZ IP camera delivers smooth, round-the-clock surveillance footage of wide outdoor areas that feature high levels of activity. Typical applications include industrial sites, university campuses and large car parks.
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- PoE+ midspan
- MicroSD card
- Hikvision mounting accessories