This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see the full range of Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Overview of the Synology DS1817+
This high-performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) device by Synology offers a secure data storage and management solution. Eight drive bays house a maximum of 80TB storage, and the device can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives - to be fitted separately. Storage can also be scaled up to 180TB with the connection of up to two DX517 expansion units via the integrated eSATA connectors.
The device features a powerful quad core processor and hardware encryption engine to support the fast transfer of data files. It’s also capable of delivering up to 1,179 MB/s reading and 542 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. The unit’s four Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to reduce service disruption, and two built-in USB 3.0 ports enable fast and efficient file transfer to external storage devices. In addition, the drive bays’ hot-swappable design ensures straightforward disk replacement - helping to reduce the chance of costly system downtime.
Powered by Synology’s innovative DiskStation Manager, the unit includes a number of applications and features that allow for easy management of drives and data – allowing users to get the most from their network storage solution. With support for Windows AD and LDAP, the device can be easily integrated into any existing network - without recreating user accounts. It also incorporates the Btrfs file system, which offers advanced storage technologies to meet the management demands of large-scale businesses.
This Synology NAS device is supplied with a choice of up to eight 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides secure management and storage of data files
- Support for up to 80TB storage across 8 drive-bays and can be supplied with WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Storage can be increased up to 180TB with the connection of up to two DX517 expansion units via built-in eSATA ports
- Powerful quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine for fast transfer of files
- Up to 1,179 MB/s reading and 542 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Four Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to ensure continuous network uptime
- Two USB 3.0 ports enable quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
- Straightforward installation and hassle-free maintenance of disks with hot-swappable design
- DiskStation Manager software allows for the secure easy management and sharing of data files
- Windows AD support enables simple integration into an existing network with no need to recreate user accounts
- Btrfs file system offers a range of technologies for efficient management of storage
The Synology DS1817+ 8-bay NAS device offers a high-performance storage solution with up to 80TB storage when used independently. Suitable for large businesses who may require further storage capacity over time, the device allows the connection of addition expansion units to increase storage levels up to 180TB. Typical applications include manufacturing warehouses, logistics centres and hotels.
- Quick installation guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
Optional (please select from above dropdown menu if required):