Overview of the Axis T8144
The Axis T8144 is a High Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) midspan which can provide power to a single Axis network device through a standard Ethernet cable. Compatible with IEEE802.3af and 802.3at power standards, the unit supplies up to 60W of power to an Axis IP camera from a remote location - removing the need for a local power source and allowing management of power from a centralised location.
This unit features data throughput speeds of 10, 100 and 1000MBps, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°C - making it suitable for use in harsh environments such as industrial sites. It also includes dual DC inputs for power redundancy and offers support for all Axis PoE devices. In addition, this midspan is supplied with two mounts that allow for straightforward installation inside a cabinet or onto a DIN rail.
Please note: for IP cameras without PoE support, a separate splitter is required.
Key features & benefits
- Provides power to IP cameras using a single cat5 cable - helping to save on wiring and installation
- Compatible with both IEEE802.3at and IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet standards
- Capable of delivering up to 60W of power to Axis network devices
- Able to operate in temperatures ranging from 75°C to -40°C - ideal for use in exposed, outdoor locations
- Integrated, dual DC inputs provide reliable power redundancy
- Installation guide
- DIN rail clip
- Wall mount