This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the i-PRO WV-S4556L
Overview of the Panasonic WV-SF448E
The Panasonic WV-SF448E indoor 360° dome IP camera delivers HD 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second (fps), or up to 3MP video at 15 fps. With Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology this camera provides extended dynamic range in locations with contrasting light. Additional features include multiple image viewing modes, IK10-rated vandal-resistant casing, Image Quality on Specified areas (VIQS) technology, electronic day/night switching, built-in microphone, SD storage slot and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support.
A wide range of viewing modes are available including panorama mode, which provides a 180° view when installed on a wall, and double panorama mode that displays two 180° panoramic images when installed on a ceiling. Other viewing modes include Quad PTZ and single PTZ mode which allow for digital pan/tilt and zooming without mechanical parts, whilst Fisheye mode displays a 360° fisheye image at up to 3MP resolution.
Images captured in high contrast scenes are improved with Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals can be more easily identified. Additionally, Electronic day/night switching increases light sensitivity in low light conditions by switching from colour to monochrome.
A range of configurable, camera-based video motion detection alarms are available and help to alert users of activity via a choice of notification methods including email. Support for audio is provided with the unit’s built-in microphone, enabling users to listen in and to record audio in the camera's surroundings.
To effectively manage bandwidth usage this camera uses Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS) technology. This allows the user to set eight designated areas that they wish to retain the highest image quality, whilst excluded areas will have decreased image quality. Edge storage is also included and recordings can be written to the on-board SD card (not included). In addition, support for PoE delivers power and network connectivity to the camera over a single cable for cost-effective installation.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, if required please select from the dropdown menu above.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers high-quality, 3MP video at 15 frames per second or Full HD 1080p at up to 30 fps
- 182° horizontal viewing angle for optimum scene coverage
- Multiple image viewing modes are supported and allow areas of the scene to be seen with little distortion
- Low light video capture with electronic day/night functionality which switches to black and white recording to improve light sensitivity
- Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch technologies improve image quality in complex lighting conditions
- IK10-rated housing offers protection in exposed indoor areas that are prone to tampering
- VIQS reduces recording quality of non-essential areas to reduce bandwidth use and storage requirements
- Video motion detection methods can be configured to alert users of possible incidents in real-time
- Audio options available via a built-in microphone and the connection of an external speaker (not included)
- Integrated SD card storage (card not included) provides a handy backup of data if connection to the network is lost
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple and cost-effective installation
Compatible recording platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- Panasonic network video recorders
With its 360° view and vandal-resistant casing, the WV-SF448E is an ideal choice for users who require surveillance of open plan indoor areas that are prone to tampering. Typical applications include offices, museums and hotel foyers.
Optional (please select from the above dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- SD cards (not included)
- Ceiling mount bracket (WV-Q105)