Overview of the Mobotix S74
The Mobotix S74 offers a flexible, modular surveillance solution delivering video in up to 4K resolution at full frame rate. The main unit features four module inputs that can be populated with a selection of optical lenses, thermal lenses, and functional modules – making this versatile unit an ideal monitoring solution for a wide range of applications. Additionally, this advanced model has access to the Mobotix 7 platform, edge storage and free Mobotix video management software.
Part of the Mx7 series, this versatile camera makes use of the innovative Mobotix 7 platform to further enhance its adaptability with a range of deep learning analytics applications certified by Mobotix including AI-Loitering to detect suspicious dwell times in the area, AI-Heat to identify frequently visited areas of the surveillance scene via a heatmap and AI-people to count individuals who cross a predefined virtual line. Additionally, the Mobotix Software Development Kit (SDK) allows users to develop custom applications to suit their own requirements.
Designed with versatility in mind, this unit can be integrated with an array of day or night optical lenses in 4K resolution. Day/night lenses are also available in both 4K and 4MP Ultra Low Light resolution – offering round-the-clock monitoring from a single lens module. Viewing angles range from ultra-wide 120° to super-tele 15° - allowing full flexibility in choosing the required field of view.
Users can also choose between standard thermal and thermal radiometry modules that offer views of 90°, 69°, 45° and 30° in VGA resolution, as well as 45°, 25° and 17° in CIF resolution. These lenses, when equipped with an optical module, allow users to automatically switch between optical and thermal views when an object of interest is detected. Additionally, thermal radiation information can be laid on top of recordings using the camera’s thermal image overlay, providing detailed information about temperature changes in the scene.
Additionally, the camera can be equipped with IR modules that work alongside the chosen optical lens to provide enhanced low-light footage. The modules provide IR illumination at a range of up to 40m (for 050 super wide lens), 70m (for 080 wide and 100 standard lenses) and 100m (150 tele and 280 super-tele lenses). Furthermore, a weatherproof multi-function module is available with four environmental sensors including a passive infrared sensor (PIR), brightness sensor, temperature sensor and a microphone – increasing users’ scene awareness with real-time alerts.
Note: The camera can be equipped with up to two optical and two functional modules, two thermal and two functional modules or one optical, one thermal and two functional modules
When ordering, please select the lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- Multi-module design supports the connection of up to four thermal, optical lenses and functional modules
- Optical lenses deliver detailed video in either 4MP or 4K UHD resolution at up to 30 frames per second
- Day/night lenses offer 24-hour video footage
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging in CIF or VGA resolutions
- Captures views from 15° super-tele to 120° ultra-wide
- Mobotix 7 software platform enables the integration of certified and third-party applications to enhance surveillance
- Wide dynamic range enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Free video management is available via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Recordings can be written to the on-board SD card to provide a helpful backup of data or allow the camera to work as a standalone system
- Support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG, and H.264 and H.265 formats enable flexible compression
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows simultaneous streaming of multiple areas within the field of view
- Casing is IP66 and IK10-rated to protect harsh environments
- PoE+ allows network and power to be delivered over one cable
- Decentralised design for an easily scalable and cost-effective system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from below if required.
All Mobotix cameras feature a decentralised design, with built-in edge storage and software, users can store and process video on-board. This design provides a more scalable and cost-effective alternative to systems requiring large amounts of external hardware and software licences.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
- 8GB card included
Advanced image processing provides clear, detailed footage, even in challenging light conditions. WDR technology renders details evenly in strongly backlit scenes, ensuring objects and individuals can be identified clearly.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor offers intelligent motion detection that distinguishes between genuine movements of interest and those that could trigger a false alarm.
Mobotix MxAnalytics uses heatmaps and counting data to collect statistical information, giving users greater insight into behaviour patterns in the surveillance area.
MXManagementCenter is Mobotix’s video management software, requiring no licence or update fees, allowing users to manage their footage for free. In addition, remote access is also available through the Mobotix iOS application.
Robust design and low running cost
With a durable design that features no moving parts such as fans or heaters, maintaining the S74 is straightforward and cost-effective. This camera can be used in a range of environments and is outdoor-ready with IP66 weather-resistant and IK10 vandal-resistant casing.
Additionally, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
With an innovative decentralised design, this high-performance multi-module camera offers a truly customisable surveillance solution for a variety of requirements with standard optical and long-range thermal detection as well as environmental sensors to increase scene awareness. Typical applications include supermarkets, service stations and office buildings.
- 3-year manufacturer's warranty
- 8 GB MicroSD card
- Housing (aluminium, PBT-30GF)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenches (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50cm patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Back To Top
- PoE+ midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card